About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Destroy and build, then repeat.

So I'm a little obsessed with Lego Batman. I got an Xbox around Christmas-time and one of the games it came with was Lego Batman. Now, I've never been super-crazed about video gaming or anything; sure, as a kid I loved Nintendo - Mario 1, 2 and 3, and I had some funky game called Dr. Chaos, where you had to try and rescue the mad inventor's daughter from his terrifying creations, or something like that. I remember playing with my neighbour, and we actually won the game! I think that was the only game I won - well, ok, Wheel of Fortune too, but that was more trivia than skill-based. My friend down the block also had Streetfighter (I think that's what it was called) and another friend had Zelda - which was awesomeness to the max! But we never played these games religiously.

Now that it's summer and I'm on a bit of a break from school, Lego Batman is taking slowly taking over. Sure, build a car here, destroy a building there. Then, suddenly, I unlock a power brick that gives me 6x the amount of coins. Six times!! That's like free money, baby (and Lord knows I don't have much of that to throw around in real life :) So, smash some more flower gardens and benches, build some more trucks and snapping crocs, and the coins are rolling in.

And it's so cute! These little tiny characters, all running around and building for their lives. Destroy yourself? No problem - build yourself right back up again. Pop open a door to a secret room, build a drum set, guitar, microphone and piano and rock out - Lego Batman-style! No blood and guts, no horror and drama, just little lego pieces flying everywhere, building everything imaginable. And, unlike real lego, I don't even have to clean up afterwards! Just turn off the console. Sweet, sweet technology.

I'm going to miss all this playing come September and things crank back up at school. But, for now, I think I'm going to go and use my Lego powers to build some more. And then destroy it! (heh, heh, heh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)