About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One little change, and I'm off!

What I really like about beauty and fashion (not to sound all campy) is that a little change outside can change how you feel inside. Seriously. Case in point - yesterday, I went down to Terroni on Adelaide to celebrate a friend's birthday, and I looked in my closet for something to wear. My shocking fuchsia dress looked right back at me. "I'll do it", I thought, "I love pink, and I haven't worn this dress yet". It's quite cute actually, with ruffles around the neckline and hemline. So I paired it with basic black (purse, shoes, cardigan) as it is tough to compete with blinding pink. I looked in the mirror and thought, "so far, so good".

But, as I stepped outside to wait for the TTC, I transformed into the girl in the fuchsia dress. I walked with just a little more oomph, I strutted up King St.; somehow the street became a catwalk. And it was all thanks to the dress (well, I was IN the dress, but it brought out my inner model :)

Today I redeemed one of my fabulous daily deal coupons - I got my hair dyed, cut and styled at Evoke. It was quite a nice salon with friendly staff; but I walked in my normal, day-to-day, ho-hum self. Then I got layers, my hair became darker, the colour of coffee, and it was styled to a glossy finish. I walked out feeling incognito - like since I wasn't my normal blonde self, I could do anything I wanted. Maybe even become someone different, at least for a little while.

Today there was a deal for Blo (where you walk in for a blow out, and walk out like a goddess). No wonder I can't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)