About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February Loose Button Luxe Box Review

The postman surprised me today with my first Luxe Box by Loose Button. To tell you the truth, I don't know what I was expecting. I've heard reviews ranging from very positive to very negative. But, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and not peek at any other February reviews until I got my box.

Now for the unboxing! *Spoiler Alert*

The box it's shipped in
Ooh, it's red!
Ah, it's partnered with Flare magazine
How it looks as soon as it's opened
The cards inside the box
One card is about the products, then there is a card explaining the partnership with Flare magazine this month; there are also two cards with promotions - one is for $25 off a $75 plus purchase at Dealuxe (they also have free shipping) and the other is for a Flare subsciption with bonus Nicole by OPI polish.



The welcome card

The products (sorry for the bad lighting) - the tissue paper says "FLARE"!
Let's look at each in turn with the info on the product card.


Dermalogical Microfoliant
 From the card: "Considered as one of InStyle's Best Beauty Buys, this unique rice-based enzyme powder helps to exfoliate your skin by removing debris, leaving your skin smoother and brighter. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour; good for all skin types". (Full size - 75 g for $72).

I am very, very excited to get this product. First, on my beauty box wishlist blog post, I asked for Dermalogica anything :) Second, whenever I get a facial from my esthetician, she only uses Dermalogica and gave me samples to take home. I couldn't live without the skin smoothing cream, so I got that from her, but as this line is quite pricey, I couldn't get anything else at the time. I still had tiny samples of this, but now I have a giant 13 gram sample so I'm quite stoked. You just have to put a dime-sized amount onto wet hands, make a paste and massage on your face, then rinse. It is the most gentle exfoliant ever!


China Glaze Polish in Mediterranean Charm
 The card says: " China Glaze is a revolutionary nail colour system for professional application. Using special methods, China Glaze offers incredible durability, fast drying, easy application and exclusive colours". (Full size - 14 ml for $8).

I am also quite happy to receive this - a full-sized polish and in a nice deep red. Here is another view:


I do not have many reds, so this is a welcome addition to my polish collection. I have not had the best of luck though with this brand; their neons always majorly chip fast. But bright colours tend to do that; this is a darker shade so I'll give it a go.

CHI Silk Infusion

The card: "This leave-in reconstructing treatment, enriched with pure natural silk, wheat, and soy proteins protects your hair against thermal styling and environmental damages while giving your hair incredible lustre. Alcohol free, enriched with pure silk and wheat and soy proteins". (Full size - 50 ml- $15; 150 ml - $25; 300ml - $42).

Also am quite excited for this, as my wishlist post also listed serum to combate the frizzies. I have never tried CHI but have only heard good things. You can use this product on wet or dry hair and this sample size is 15 ml, which is not bad considering you only need a pea-sized amount. A little goes a long way!




L'Air by Nina Ricci
  The card reads: "Inspired by the legendary L'Air du Temps, this iconic fragrance takes on a new twist, more luxurious and modern. The blend of magnolia, freesia and Bulgarian rose pays homage to the original scent." (Full size 50 ml - $80; 100 ml - $110).

Ahh, this scent is amazing. I already have and love L'Air du Temps - I asked for and got the full size for Christmas, but I think I like this one even more. It's just like the card says, a bit fresher and a bit more modern - and smells very soft and feminine. Even the sample bottle is gorg!

So pretty!
The sample size I got is 4 ml, so that's going to have to last until another holiday or perhaps my birthday, when I can ask for it as a present! (Perfume is always so pricey!)

So that was my February Luxe Box. Overall, I loved it; I got four products that I really like and will definitely use up. I thought that because they collaborated with Flare this month that all they boxes would be the same, but I looked up some other unboxings and it looks like there were several different ones that went out. If you got a February box, what did you think and what did you get?

If you want to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Luxe Box here. They currently have a wait list so they will let you know when spots open up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, our Luxe boxes are like night and day! I like the Nina Ricci perfume and the CG nail polish although I have a lot of red so it probably would have been a dupe for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jayne - Yeah, I do like the variety in this box and how they really mixed it up for different people - it makes it actually exciting to see what other people got, not just "oh, we all got an eyeshadow but the colour varies from box to box".

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)