About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Glymm January Box

Even though I said I would start my beauty box reviews with the February boxes, I feel like talking a bit about January's Glymm box because it was unexpectedly amazing. This is only my second Glymm box, and next month I start a whack of others to compare it with. However, I find that for January, Glymm really outdid themselves.

The Box
It came with five products, and surprisingly, I actually really love all five. The first is Kaia Naturals.


Juicy Bamboo Cloths
 They are soaked in vitamins and all-natural ingredients, and include organic honey to cleanse, tone and soothe the face. You use them to clean your face and to remove makeup. We got one small trial cloth in our Glymm boxes, and I used that quickly. After I used it to remove my makeup, my skin felt awesome, literally, cleansed and fresh. All makeup was gone, and I didn't even have to rinse my face afterwards! I was hooked. I immediately went on to Glymm's site and purchased the full-size. It is not very cheap - $17.99 for 30 cloths, but I feel that it was a worthwhile purchase.

Next is Vasanti's BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator.
The scrub

*Sorry this photo is a bit dark* In any case, I have been looking for a scrub to use as my mosturizer always goes on better after a bit of exfoliation. St. Ives is too grainy and rough for me, but this scrub was great! Very fine micro-crystals polished my skin and gave it a great glow. It is also aloe-enriched, and I am an aloe-crazed junkie. (Side note: on my honeymoon in St. Lucia, I would get the giant aloe leaves and rub them into my skin after sunbathing - oh, that is the absolute best!) So this cleanser gets a 10. I went to ebeauty and ordered that too ($34.00 - not cheap either, but in my opinion again a worthwhile product).

Third is Anastasia's clear brow gel.

The gel.
 I've heard of this line before - it is a chi-chi line out of Beverly Hills (obviously, since it's in the name) and her main speciality is brows. I've never tried it before, but since I got it in the box, I thought, why not? It is a really good product, as two quick swipes will have your brows in place all day (and night) long. The only thing I'm a bit funny on is the smell - it is slightly chemically, but once it dries there is no smell. This is an expensive product, the full size is $27.00, so will not get right now, but I do agree that it is a quality product.

The fourth is Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion.

The cream
The small sample size on the right is what we got in the Glymm box (actually two of those). The one on the right is what I ran out and bought at Shoppers Drug Mart (12.99) when I saw how great this cream was. I am a body lotion, face cream, hand cream, foot cream, eye cream, etc, etc, etc, junkie, and am quite specific when it comes to them. I loved this cream because not only does it have a lovely, light honey smell, which I'm quite partial to, but also it dries non-greasy, and mosturizes really well. Highly recommended as well!

And last we have Cargo Cosmetics Eye Pencil.
The pencil.
Mine came in black, and to be honest, even though we got a full-size in our boxes, I am not a huge eyeliner person and didn't think I would use this much. But after trying it I can say that I really love this eyeliner and it has actually made me start wearing eyeliner again. I think it is because there is hardly any skipping and it draws a smooth, even line - something that other eyeliners have neglected to do, and then I'm wearing weird dots on my eyelid. It only takes seconds for me to use this eyeliner, and because my makeup on a regular day takes 5-10 minutes, it's good for everyday use. I would love Glymm to carry Cargo products in future boxes!

So, those are my thoughts. I was surprised how much I liked January's products, and am really loving the whole beauty box concept since I wouldn't have given these products a second thought if samples weren't shipped to me. Also, it is important to point out that I did not gain financially from any of these reviews, and that I purchased the box myself.

Can't wait to see what's in store next!

(If you'd like to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Glymm here.)

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I missed out on January's Glymm box but I'm getting mine next month eeeek! So excited! :)
    Check out my blog if you get a chance :) http://chicandunique1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)