About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chick lit book update

So this is ridiculous, but I am sick for the second time in a three-week period! This time it is the flu and it has knocked me out for days; I've just been at home sleeping, watching tv and reading mostly. My husband caught whatever was going around and I must have gotten it from him. Next year I am getting the flu shot for sure!

The only okay thing about being home is catching up on my reading, and I'm happy to say that I've finished the February Reader's Retreat book - Build a Man by Talli Roland.

For those of you who like chick lit, it is definitely a 5 star book. I won't give away all the details, but what I really like about this book is that it definitely has plot twists that keeps you on your toes and racing to find out what happens. I also like how the main characters must deal with significant and life-changing issues that makes them question their true goals and aspirations. In my opinion, those are the best kind of books. (For a plot summary, see my previous posting here).

Well, that's about all I'm up for writing today. I will hopefully be better in a few more days, so lots of rest and chicken soup for me!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks for the recommendation! I love reading too and I always alternate a "smart" book with a fun book. Chick lit can be disappointing or frustrating sometimes because the characters either annoy the hell out of me or just aren't developed enough for me to really connect with them. Is it free on kindle now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From when I last checked it is still $.99, which is not too bad, not sure if it will have a freebie promo though. I definitely had a mix of emotions reading this book, because as the plot started to unravel, I got more and more invested in what was happening and how it was all going to turn out. That's how I know a book has 'got' me; if I couldn't care less about what's going to happen then the author has lost me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your sick! I was sick last week for the second time this winter... there should definitely be a rule that you can only get sick once a winter.. the second time is always so much worse!
    Feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @provincialBudgetBeauty - I know! I thought - well, I was just sick, I can't be getting sick again. Wrong! I should have gotten the flu shot.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)