About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games Polish

So far I've ordered 3 polishes from the 12-polish China Glaze Hunger Games polish collection. If these 3 are any indication of the rest of the line, it's going to sell out very quickly!

From left to right: Dress Me Up, Electrify, Luxe and Lush

I swatched each and they turned out beautifully - Dress Me Up is sort of a dusky rose cream and it applies wonderfully; I only used one coat in the swatch and it gave full opaque coverage. Electrify is a gorgeous gold and red glitter; only two coats to achieve full coverage over the nail bed. And Luxe and Lush is an amazing flaky; silvery, prismatic slivers in a clear base; it took three coats to get it evenly over my nail. (Picture update below!)



Left to right: Dress Me Up, Electrify, Luxe and Lush



Below are a few clearer images that I was able to take today.






Pretty cool, no? Regardless if you've never heard of the books or are a huge fan, you'll probably love at least a few colours in this collection. To see the full collection swatched in incredibly amazing detail (and a killer tribute design to the movie) check out ommorphia beauty bar's post.

Do you have any of the China Glaze Hunger Games collection? Which one(s)? What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Just picked up Foie Gras, Agro and Harvest Moon. I really wanted Riveting, but it's sold out :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fois Gras is in my next shipment - I couldn't decide between Harvest Moon or Stone Cold, but I ended up choosing the latter because of the matte texture. Still, though I would get the whole collection if I could (sadly no funds for that kind of thing!)

      Delete
    2. Sorry, meant Foie Gras :) Also, I just checked Nail Polish Canada's website and it looks like Riveting is back in stock!

      Delete
  2. love these- especially dress me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the perfect cream polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice choices!
    Agro looks really interesting to me. Can't wait to see swatches of Foie Gras when you receive it! I'd like to compare it with Dress Me Up since I'm trying to decide between the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough just deciding which ones to get - I literally wanted them all after seeing ommophia's beauty blog post. I will try out Foie Gras when I get it!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)