About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Garnier B.B. cream

So I caved and bought a B.B. cream a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't wait until a beauty sample box had one, and Shoppers Drug Mart had this one on sale for $15.99 ($5 off). I've heard great things about Marcelle's B.B. cream, but not a word yet on Garnier's. I did see it advertised in Lou Lou, and they said it was good, so I thought I'd give it a go. I am already a big fan of their haircare line, so I have high hopes for the skincare.


The box



Here's what the box says: "BB Cream (Beauty Balm Cream) is a hybrid formula that offers advanced skincare + immediate skin perfecting coverage that is becoming popular all over the world. It combines several beauty routine steps in one single product. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector is an all-in-one product with results you can see and feel instantly. Skin appears airbrushed, beautifully smooth and even. Its light-weight and comfortable texture blends perfectly into skin for a sheer flawless finish. This all-in-one formula contains intense moisturizing skincare with Vitamin C + Mineral Pigments for an instant skin transformation:
- Renews radiance
- Brightens complexion
- Evens skin tone and blurs imperfections
- Hydrates for 24-hours"

That was a mouthful! But if you've been living under a beauty rock and haven't heard of B.B. creams, that paragraph pretty much sums it up.

The tube
Garnier's BB cream comes in two shades (light/medium or medium/dark). Because I am quite pale, I chose the light/medium. The tube is 75 ml and it is about $20 (but like I mentioned above, I got this on sale). Also at the Garnier site, they have a $3 coupon if you want to try it out.

The cream
You are supposed to apply it all over your face and neck. It goes on really smooth and light and blends instantly. I love the fresh smell!

Blended into my hand
As you can see from the photo, the right side of my hand has no cream on it and is paler and you can see the veins in my hand :( The left side has the cream blended in and it looks warmer; everything is evened out.

What I love about this cream is not just how my skin was smooth and bright, but it really is hydrated throughout the day without a heavy or greasy feel. I can put foundation over this cream, but so far I love wearing it on it's own. So far it's a hit for me!

I use the BB cream in conjunction with Garnier's Ultra-Lift Moisturizer so I thought I'd mention that briefly as well.

(I threw out the box before I could get a picture - sorry!) This is Garnier's Ultra-Lift 2-1 Wrinkle Reducer Serum + Moisturizer. (Love the packaging).
The 2-1 cream
This also has a great fresh scent - I feel like it's Garnier's trademark. I don't really mind using a wrinkle cream even though wrinkle-reducing is not my main goal as of yet, I just wanted a lighter moisturizer and liked the combo of the serum in this one. It is about $25 for 50 ml but I had a $3 off coupon so I saved a few bucks.




You can see how my hand has kind of a dewy-glow once the lotion has been applied. On my face it just looks fresh and clean and it absorbs quickly. Then, my face is prepped for the BB cream. My face feels non-greasy and hydrated all day, even if I don't wear foundation on top or any kind of powder. I think this is a terrific day cream, but at night I like a slightly heavier lotion (as I have mainly dry skin) so I use another brand for night.
What are your favorite face lotions? Have you tried a BB cream? If not, will you?

6 comments:

  1. I have the Marcelle BB cream, pictures and everything ready for a review! LOL, I had wanted to try this one but heard it was Oily

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Christine - can't wait for your Marcelle review! I didn't find Garnier's oily at all, it was quite light and blended well. But I haven't tried any other bb creams so I don't personally know how it compares to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to pick it up if I find a deal!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you liked it! I have been obsessed with using the Marcelle one every day. They just save time and even your skin out so quickly! I don't think I can go back to foundation and powder for awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know- I love how it transform your skin instantly. I haven't used my foundation yet since I picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to decide which BB cream to try so this review was super helpful! If you like heavy moisturizers at night (I do too!) you should try The Body Shop's Vitamin E night cream its amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)