About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Julep Jodie polish with Gosh Matt Effect Top Coat

I tried out the Jodie polish that came in my Julep Maven March box.

The polish (on it's own)


It's a lovely deep rose with shimmer. Great on it's own, but the perfect colour for trying out my new GOSH Matt Effect Top Coat.

With Matt Effect applied


A couple of different angles




I used two coats of Jodie and afterwards put one coat of GOSH Matt Effects on. I love how it has a muted, metallic look after the top coat is applied. I couldn't put on regular top coat afterwards, as that would only make it shiny again.

This mani lasted me 5 days, which is great; I think the lasting power of Julep polishes directly relates to the top coat you use - I find Julep's quick dry top coat only to be good at the quick dry part, not the long-lasting part - so use your favorite top coat brand instead and you should be good to go.

What do you think of the new matte look for nails? Have you tried it out?

If you want to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up to be a Julep Maven here. First box is a penny, just use any of the following codes at checkout: COLOR2012, SHAREONMARCH or PENNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)