About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March Glymm box is here!

Got my Glymm box today...let's see what's inside the March edition...

The packaging

Hello!
The box
Spring Fling...hmm, it sure feels like spring!
opening it up...
Inside the box
There's more stuff underneath!
The product card
Ok, let's go through each item...

First up is Anastasia Beverly Hills Hydrafull Gloss.


The card reads: "Get your lips softer and fuller! Drench them with multi-dimensional pigments that release high shine and colour. It stays put without the sticky residue. This rich and fortifying formula norishes your lips with the added benefits of Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter and Anastasia's exclusive Balkan Botanical Infusion. Pucker up beauties!"

I received a 1 ml sample and the full size is 2.2 ml and retails for $27.00. The colour I got was Sorbet.

It was really hard to get a true indication of the colour on camera, but I think I captured it pretty well in the following shots.

The gloss
A swatch
It actually has a really nice pigment, and isn't sticky like the card claims. I will definitely use this gloss. The Glymm box also came with a promo card - buy any two Anastasia products at Glymm and get a free gloss and free shipping. Not sure if I will use this yet, but it's a nice promo.

Next is M. Asam Magic Fini.


The jar


The cream

"This silky formula blends beautifully into your skin to conceal uneven skin tone for a light, matte, natural looking finish. It smoothes away the appearance of wrinkles, enlarged pores and imperfections to reveal a sun kissed, healthy looking skin tone. It's magical."

Yay! B.B. cream! I guess I jumped the gun getting the Garnier bb cream, but I was impatient waiting for one to come in a beauty box. Now I will be certain to try this and compare it against the one I currently use. The sample size in my Glymm box was 5 ml; full size is 30 ml and costs $38.00.
*Update* I tried out this cream - it is light and creamy, blends easily and smells really nice (fruity comes to mind). This definitely could rival my Garnier cream; now I'm wishing they sent a bigger sample size!

Third is NuMe Feather Hair Extensions.

Natural light
Different light angle
From the card: "Get professional-grade DIY feather extensions instantly! A beauty trend that definitely STANDS OUT. Coloured hair trends have been prevalent on the hottest Spring 2012 runways. NuMe extensions are 100% cruelty-free, synthetically crafted from real human hair and ready for heat styling. Don't be shy, flaunt that feather!"

Again, YAY! I've been curious about feather extensions, but have never bought one and here is a perfect opportunity to try it. I love the purple colour I received so right on Glymm! The full size is 3 extensions for $25.00 and I got a full-sized pack in my box.

Fourth is Ocean Nail Polish...

Flash
Natural Light
(I find this colour to be closer to the picture taken with flash). The card reads: "A true trend-topper, Ocean Nail Polish Spring 2012 collection boasts shades that are vibrant, pastel and intense. This luscious lacquer applies super smoothly and streak free, and is fast drying without containing any toxins. It's sold in upscale salons around USA and Europe."

Third time, YAY! I love when nail polish comes in and this polish should be fun as I don't have anything like it. It is peachy-metallic, and I'm liking the metallics more these days. The name of my polish is Sugar Glow. I have never tried Ocean brand before, so this is a new-to-me line! The full size is 15 ml for $12 and I received a full size bottle in the box.

Last, I got what looks like a bonus product, a sample of Lise Watier's Flash Lift Eclat.


It is a 1 ml sample and it is supposed to give instant radiance and smooth out lines. I'd liken it to a primer, as it holds makeup. I think I got a sample of this before; haven't tried is out as of yet, but I'm sure I will give it a go and see how it works out (maybe one morning that I'm feeling especially tired!)

So that's this month's box. Overall, I really love it; I will try and use all of the products and I like how they mixed it up and gave unique samples (especially the hair extension).

Did you get a March Glymm box? What did you think?

If you'd like to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Glymm here. Cost is $10/month + tax (shipping is included though).

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I loved my Glymm box this month! I basically got the same products as you, except my hair extensions are green and my nail polish is a golden lilac colour (and my bonus products were two samples of Bert's Bees moisturizer). This box definitely blows last month's away. I'm so excited to see what they send out in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree; I actually didn't have very high hopes after last month's box but I was definitely surprised and excited opening this box. The extensions are something I hadn't really thought about coming in a beauty box, but I think it is a fun product!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you guys get your boxes so quickly! I don't get mine until the 19th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was very fast for me this month - the tracking number came by email and then the box showed up the next day. Hope you get a good box when it comes in!

      Delete
  3. Great review! Have you tried the cream yet? I'm in love. I also got my box really fast this month... a day after I got the tracking number. I love when that happens =D

    Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try out the cream - it's excellent; blends really well and gives nice coverage. I'm glad the boxes came earlier this time.

      Delete
  4. is anyone else's feather extensions missing the metal piece?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @hklover - it should be taped to the back of the card. I thought I didn't get mine either for a bit until I tried to open the package. If it's not there, send Glymm an email - you should get a replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've definitely got the most positive review of the March Glymm box that I've seen so far! Most people seemed to dislike the Ocean colours / feather extensions, but I agree with your review on the extensions: it's a fun and essentially 'free' way of trying them out for yourself. Thanks for the review!

    Also if you're digging beauty stuff, my blog has a ton of great beauty contests going on right now. Check it out here: http://canadiangiftguide.com/winning/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brittany - Thanks for reading! I checked out other reviews after writing mine and was surprised more people didn't like the box (or more specifically the extensions) but then realized everyone has different tastes and these extensions are definitely more on the wild side and not everyone wants to use an item like this. But I do like finding out different opinions on all the box items!

      Thanks for posting your blog; I will check it out!

      Delete
  7. Feeling some regret I cancelled my subscription! Jealous you got a BB cream and loving that nail polish colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised how much I like the cream! I think that's another reason these boxes get so addictive; you never know what will be in next month's box.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)