About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Saturday, March 3, 2012

New monthy beauty sample boxes!

Happy March! I am finally basically over my flu, and thank god, because being sick sucks!

I found out about some more monthly beauty sample boxes, so I wanted to share them with you all...read on for the deets.



1. Beauty Box 5 (also known as BB5). This company launched in February (like Glossybox); they are U.S.-based but ship to U.S and Canada. They offer 4-5 samples monthly for $12, shipping included (you get a slightly better deal if you sign up for three months or a year, but since I always want the option to cancel, I'd suggest month to month). They have a pretty active facebook group as well you might want to check out.




2. Glymm Man has now launched (the sister - ?brother?-  site to Glymm). $20 quarterly, shipping included, or $70 for the year (4 boxes). They say the first box will start in June so sign up anytime before May 31 to get this. I believe like Glymm it is Canada only. For this price, Glymm Man says the 'grooming box' will have 7-8 deluxe samples inside. I think this is quite neat as it is something for the guys, but who knows if this will take off. Cosmetic companies have for years tried to get men on board, as, quite rightly, they are really only serving 50% of the population otherwise. But most men generally resist. I haven't decided if I will get my husband one of these; I can see the look on his face though if I do, and it would be one of confusion - "why'd you get me this? I have my soap, deoderant, gel and razor; that's all I need" :)




3. Sweet Delight Divalicious Sample Boxes. Ok this is not new per say, but it is new to me! From what I can tell, they do a box seasonally (4 times per year roughly) and I believe you have to sign up each time you want a box. They have a whole slew of products (sample and full size) - bath & body, candles, jewelery, soaps, lotions, makeup, etc. Each box contains 10-15 samples or more, and many boxes vary between customers. Price is $26, shipping included and Canada/U.S can order (I believe they are Canadian-based though). The next box goes on sale Tuesday March 20 at 8 a.m. E.S.T. They say their last box sold out in 12 hours, so if you want one make sure to go to their page on that day. You can also take a sneek peek of what is inside their boxes and view past boxes. I think I will try this out (at least just once) because it is a bit different than the other boxes that are around and also even though it is slightly expensive, it is not an ongoing charge from month to month. It might be really cool to see what comes in this box!

Would you try any of these? How do you like the monthly sample box experience thus far?

11 comments:

  1. I was too slow for the last Divalicious Box so maybe I'll have better luck this time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they seem to sell like hotcakes and that makes me wonder what all the fuss is about, so I'll likely try for this month's box.

      Delete
  2. Great overview of the new subscription boxes. I had only heard of the Glymm Man (but my boyfriend is probably just like your husband and would be confused if I bought it for him)
    Definitely going to check the other two out though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find men generally not to be too interested in beauty products, but they do love their favorites (soap, hair gel, etc) so I bet companies would like them to have new favorites, hence the Glymm man box. I really want to see if this takes off.

      Yeah, it seems like this is a fast-growing industry so who knows what other boxes may comes out in the near future?

      Delete
    2. I was just going to say that my boyfriend looked confused when I told him I wanted to get it for him just to try. He says he's happy with what uses and doesn't want to add to the ever-growing mountain of samples in our house!

      Delete
    3. But finding new stuff is such fun! I don't think men share in our beauty sample excitement, though :)

      Delete
  3. I cant wait for this months box :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, when I see that they are shipped I get really excited. Anticipation is half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is also a sampler box called Sampler village you should check out

    www.samplervillage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out - it is the one I read about on Jayne's blog - http://cosmeticproof.blogspot.com/2012/03/have-you-visited-sampler-village.html. It looks really unique - I will try it out one of these months! Thanks for the post!

      Delete
  6. I really want to try a sampler box but there are so many! Including the 3 you've reviewed there is also little black box and my dream sample... So many decisions!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)