About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games - Haul #2

I couldn't get enough of my first China Glaze Hunger Games polishes, so I added three more to my haul:  Stone Cold, Riveting and Foie Gras.


From L to R: Stone Cold, Riveting, Foie Gras.

Another view

L to R: Stone Cold, Riveting, Foie Gras

Different lighting
Playing with lighting some more

Depending on the light, the colours take on different effects - Stone Cold is a slate gray and stays matte without topcoat (or with a matte topcoat applied) but has a nice sheen in bright light. Riveting is a wonderful, glossy tangerine-orange, and not only sparkles in the light, but glows (kind of looks like a little fire on you nails). Foie Gras is my favorite of the three though; it give great, smooth coverage in one coat and is a creamy, rich brown with (surprisingly) a dash of purple undertones.

This is a fab line from China Glaze; I'm not sure if I will cave and get any more but I'm definitely tempted!

(BTW if you haven't yet read the book - DO IT! It's excellent!)

8 comments:

  1. I love foie gras, great colour! thanks for the swatches. I read the books a long while ago and I want to re-read them after seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Foie Gras just might be my favorite polish in a long time - who knew brown could be so fab? I haven't seen the movie yet but I've got to go!

      Delete
  2. I just got Foie Gras, Riveting, Fast Track and Agro all of which are fantastic! I was actually tempted to get the whole collection complete with the display! Then I realized I was being crazy and stuck to 4 colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I am so close to going back for more of the collection; maybe in a moment of weakness I will get a few more :) Fast Track looked so nice and light and Agro has this amazing sheen; I don't like greens too much but this one I love.

      Delete
  3. New Follower of you! Follow me if you wish: http://mui28.blogspot.ca

    Love the color of foie gras. Will definitely go out later to see if I can grab one to try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Will check out your blog as well.

      Delete
  4. Pretty! I need Riveting in my life!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really beautiful polish; one things for sure about this line - I will definitely be reaching for these polishes over and over again!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)