About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Julep Maven April add-on: The Best Pedi Creme Ever.

I got one add-on for my April Julep Maven box - their new foot cream - "The Best Pedi Creme Ever!" That is a huge claim, so for $4.99 more, I thought I'd see what it was all about.

The cream
It came about a week after my IT girl Maven box, and I used it for several days at night before I went to bed. I rubbed the cream into each foot, and my husband also tried it out as well.



It does have a soft, creamy feel, not overly thick or goopy. The consistency is nice and absorbs into the skin very well. It also has a light cucumber-minty scent, which is good for feet. The directions on the tube state: "Apply nightly to tops and bottoms of feet to exfoliate and hydrate. Expect noticeable results in just 1 to 2 uses". I actually did see subtle results after a few uses - mainly my feet were softer and the dry skin at the tops of my big toes was much less noticeable. My husband though said it made his feet sweaty a bit - I didn't experience that but there's two different reactions to the cream.

So overall, I found it to be a pretty good foot cream - and for the add on price of $4.99 it was worth it. To purchase it again though I would like to see it in a bigger size than 60 ml - I'll go through this tube quickly. *Update* - I went on Julep's website and found out that this cream retails for $22 (or $17.60 outside the monthly boxes if you are a Maven). Again, I would need it in a bigger size.

Did you get this cream in your April box? What did you think?

If you'd like to join me on my beauty box journey, intro box is only 1 penny. Simply go here and type in COLORS4ONE or PENNY at checkout. 




10 comments:

  1. Every time I see a blog post on the Julep Maven deal, it pushes me a little closer to actually signing up! This seems like a pretty decent pedi creme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it a lot and was glad that they included it in the Maven boxes, as I don't think I would have purchased it on it's own. Every month I am more and more pleased with this company!

      Delete
  2. thanks for the review! $22 for 60 ml seems quite outlandish for a foot cream. Julep seems to inflate their prices sometimes :/ I wonder if people actually purchase these things at the full price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I was wondering the same thing. I don't think I would purchase it at $22 - maybe if it were double the size.

      Delete
  3. Great review! And thanks to your husband for being a willing guinea pig for beauty testing purposes! I didn't end up getting this cream, but I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon for even the Maven price...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- yeah, he didn't have much of a choice - I usually bug him to try various creams and lotions (usually face and hands) and then ask his opinion. He usually says, "It's ok" or "It's fine". Then I'm like, "Care to elaborate...?" Men :)

      It is very pricey for such a small bottle!

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog its great xxx
    Was hoping we could follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin xxx
    Drop by my blog and leave a comment - I'll be sure to follow back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received this in my box.. I agree with you completly.. I would never purchase this for the full price! It's not quite thick enough for my feet... just because they are so dry.. but I have been using it as a hand cream and it's great! Haha don't know if thats allowed but I'm doing it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works! When I use it on my feet I let it soak into my hands a bit before washing - so I think it's good for that as well!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)