About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Julep Maven April Box and Blogger issues

I have been having some issues with Blogger, so if I normally comment on your blog and you've noticed I haven't recently, please check your spam message folder and put me on the safe list! It looks like my comments are being send to the spam box. Not sure why this is happening but I'm trying to figure it out (and BTW if you find you cannot post a comment on my blog, please shoot me an email).

In any case, let's get to the April Maven Box...

The Box
What's inside
My IT girl box this month was definitely Easter themed (love the chocolate eggs!) It came with a black quilted makeup bag, toe separators and three polishes, Nicey, Penelope and Jessica.

From L to R: Nicey, Penelope and Jessica.
Nicey is "a bright pink creme for sunny days". Penelope is described as "opaque, almost white creme with a hint of blush". Jessica looks like "soft and sweet baby blue creme".

I did some colour swatches:

Nicey, Penelope and Jessica
Different lighting
Another view
I was excited for this month's box, and the colours sure do not disappoint. Nicey is probably my favorite, but all three are bright and cheery, just right for spring.

Did you get a Maven box this month? What did you get?

Join me on my beauty box journey; to join Julep Maven go here. Intro box is 1 cent; type in code COLOR2012 or PENNY or COLORS4ONE at checkout.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, Nicey is my favourite as well! I hope Julep will have a promo so I can just get Nicey on its own. All of them are really cute colours though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julep is always having some kind of promo- but another 50% off would be great! I have other colours I'm looking to get and waiting for a sale :)

      Delete
  2. I love nicey! how do you find the formulation on penelope? did it go on streaky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, penelope did go on streaky witht the first coat so a second coat is definitely needed.

      Delete
  3. You are right! I went and checked my spam comments and there was a comment in there from you... how weird!! I always thought the blogger had to mark a comment as spam (and I would certainly never mark your lovely comments as spam!)I have been having an obsession with light blue polish recently so Jessica is my favourite. I got the bombshell box this month which I'm happy with as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why my comments are not going through, hopefully google fixes the problem shortly! Thanks for checking in your folder. Yeah, Jessica is quite nice too - I think this would be my pedi colour. Will look for your review!

      Delete
    2. Whoops - I actually read that review of your intro box - sorry about that! Julep does suck you in with the promo box, but I found that I am really liking staying with my subscription - I love previewing the colours and they do have great deals that they run as well.

      Delete
    3. Agreed! I'm going to stay on for awhile..despite the cost the little black box in the mail (whether its luxebox, glymm box, julep, etc) is addicting!

      P.s. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award :)

      Delete
    4. It is very addicting, I agree! Thanks so much for the nomination; I will be doing that blog post in the very near future!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)