|The shipping package|
|Same sturdy, creamy pink box as last time|
|Pale pink ribbon and seal inside|
1. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. "This naturally nourishing lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal blended with rich emollients and is clinically proven to moisturize for a full 24 hours". In the box was a giant 71 ml sample; full size is 354 ml for $11.99.
My thoughts: When I saw the Aveeno cream I thought "really?" It is a nice cream and all (though I don't particularly care for the smell) but something that my mother has purchased for years and is readily available at all drugstores. I guess that's fine, I just didn't expect an everyday, I-have-to-go-to-Shoppers-and-pick-up-toothpaste-shampoo-and-body-lotion type of cream to be in the beauty box. However, I do know it works so it is a good product. But because I'm not a big fan of Aveeno (mostly because of the scent) I'll probably give this to my mum (I know she reads my blog so there's a present on the way for you!)
2. Bailey Cosmetics Anti-Shine Powder. "For women who want to reduce shine on their skin without adding colour, Bailey Anti-Shine Powder of Youth is a beauty staple to carry you through the seasons." In the box was a full size product - 3.5 grams, retailing at $30.
My thoughts: As soon as I opened this up, all I could think was how light this powder is! Who could pull this off - a piece of paper? Then I read the card and it is said it would reduce shine without adding colour and I breathed a sigh of relief. Ok, so I could actually use this product then. It actually goes on quite smoothly and not cakey and my skin doesn't look over powdered, so I guess it is doing it's job. There is also a little mirror in the cap so good for on-the-go. I will put this in my ever-expanding purse!
3. Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray. "Evian's facial spray rehydrates dull, tired skin, and is great for setting and renewing you makeup throughout the day, keeping you looking fresh, healthy and beautiful." In the box I received the 50 ml version, which retails for $7 (the 150ml version is 12.50 and 300 ml is 17.50).
My thoughts: Why? Water in a can. I saw this and all I could remember was back in the 90's when every supermodel was toting this around. Yes I know that makeup artists use this and yes it can be refreshing, but come on. Part of my beauty box was basically a can of water. However, it does have its uses. I was out yesterday and my contacts were dry and bothering me; if I'd had this with me I could have sprayed it on my face and my contacts would have felt a bit better. Also, it's fun to use it on people. I went up to my husband and sprayed it and then asked how his face felt. He said, "Wet". I said, "Care to elaborate?" He said, "What is that, water in a can? Why do you need that?" I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with this, probably just have fun with it.
4. Pandora's Blush St. Tropez. "PANDORA'S Blush St. Tropez is a beautiful pink blush that can be used all year round and added to any bronzer. PANDORA'S Makeup Box products were designed for professional use and are pigmented so they will last all day long." I received a full size blush in the box, retails for $18.
5. Sebastian Re-Shaper Hairspray. "Brushable, strong hold hairspray for all hair types. Bends any movement into shape with long-lasting hold and humidity protection all in one. Re-style into any shape and re-form ingenious hold. Sebastian Professionals is a Salon Exclusive Brand". We received a 43 gram sample; the full size is $19.99 but I don't know how big it is (as I think there is an error on the card).
My thoughts: I am familiar with this line - a long time ago I bought Sebastian's Shaper Hairspray and liked it a lot. It gave great body and shine to my hair. This is a great size for travel - I don't have many hair products in mini-sizes so I will pack this in my suitcase!
Lastly, a bonus item. Algemarin Foam Bath. "ALGEMARIN is made from extracts of seaweed, algae and mineral salts which give the body a tonal quality that previously was only obtainable from hydrotherapy or sea bathing. 'Spring Forward' feeling rejuvenated and refreshed". I received a 15 ml sample; 5 x 5ml goes for $3.99; 500 ml is $17.99 or 750 ml. is 23.95.
My thoughts: Hydrotherapy and sea bathing, eh? That are some loftly claims for this little package. But I will try it out in my next bath and give it a chance. As I mentioned in previous posts, I love getting products I've never heard of, because that adds to the excitement of a beauty box for me.
Overall thoughts. I know many bloggers were raving about this box, but for some reason I am just kinda 'meh' about it. There were some good items (the Pandora blush for sure, the Sebastian hairspray, and possibly even the Bailey powder) but I think because of the several week delay, I was expecting to be blown away by this box and just kind of wasn't. The Evian was a total miss for me and the Aveeno was confusing, as it is something I would expect to see in my drugstore shopping basket, not in a beauty box. But I know I will get use out of some of the items.
Did you get a Glossybox? What did you get? What did you think?
If you'd like to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Glossybox here. $15/month, taxes and shipping included.