About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sally Hansen Gem Crush swatch

I was super excited to try Sally Hansen's line of Gem Crush nail polishes. This is definitely a line of nail bling, so you can let your sparkly side come out, all at drugstore prices. I went into Shoppers Drug Mart and couldn't find them on the nail rack display; turns out they hadn't yet got around to updating their display so they went in the back to find some so I could choose colours.

From Sally Hansen's ad campaign (from L to R: Cha-Ching, Bling-tastic, Glitz Gal, Lady Luck, Be-Jeweled, Showgirl Chic, Razzle Dazzler, Big Money)
I ended up choosing Lady Luck (magenta) and Bling-tastic, (a fabulous blue). Each colour retails for $8.99.

L to R: Bling-tastic; Lady Luck
This whole line of Gem Crush polishes kind of reminds me of the 2011 Muppets Holiday Collection by OPI. I was in love with Gone Gonzo, but never picked it up - Bling-tastic is a pretty close match I think!

L to R: swatch of Lady Luck; Bling-tastic
Different lighting

Bling-tastic is azure blue glitter and silver sparkles in a clear base. It took 3 coats to achieve this look. Lady Luck is magenta glitter and multicolour sparkles, also in a clear base but it took less applications to get a uniform look, only two. Using a topcoat keeps the glitter polish from feeling too rough after it's dry. I'm actually quite pleased with the Gem Crush line so far. The two colours I tried are bold, sparkly and fun. If you like your glitters to be more on the subtle side, there are shades like Razzle Dazzler - rose-pink glitter with silver sparkles or Big Money - gold glitter with purple sparkles. I have my eye next on Cha-Ching - red glitter with silver sparkles!  

6 comments:

  1. wow they are both gorgeous but I LOVE bling-tastic! thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite as well - it's funny, even when I went to the checkout, the lasy at the register said "Oh, those are nice" and proceeded to open and test Bling-tastic! I just thought that was quite amusing :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you did a review and nail swatches on these polishes! I work in an office building above a Shoppers and every day I go downstairs to get the mail I walk by the display with all of these colours... never knew what to make of them though.. but they are so beautiful! I'm going to take a closer look next time:)
    Great post as always
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have been curious about this line since seeing an ad in a magazine, and then this week I was on the subway and saw maybe 4 giant ads for it; it was like my feet were then propelled to the next Shoppers!

      Delete
  3. I have Cha Ching, Big Money, Be-Jeweled and Showgirl Chic. All fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good selection! I really like the colour contrast in Big Money. Who am I kidding, I love the whole line - I better not cave, I have to follow my budget - only one more for me!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)