The Versatile Blogger Award - yay! I was actually nominated twice for this, (by Provincial Budget Beauty and Canadian Beauty Reviews - thanks girls!) but have only got around to posting about this now.
The rules are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Because nominating 15 blogs at this time is quite a lot for me; I will follow Provincial Budget Beauty and nominate 7 bloggers but also stick to naming 7 things about myself. I don't believe I can nominate the bloggers who nominated me, so I will instead thank them profusely and tell everyone to check out their blogs if you haven't already!!!
So...seven facts about me.
1. When I was a kid, I really wanted to be a farmer. I'm not sure this would have worked out so well, as City Girl doesn't like getting messy or dirty, and if I had animals I wouldn't make a profit because I would want to keep them all as pets :)
2. Even though I don't particularly like getting messy, I absolutely love welding. I am not good at it at all, but I do know how to do both mig and arc welding. Again, I must stress, I am not very good. I actually kind of suck at it. But I vow to keep practising. And I love the smell of the metal shop.
3. I used to be vegetarian (when I was in high school). My doctor told me though after four years of it I needed to go back to eating meat because I wasn't getting the proper nutrition and kept getting sick. But nowadays at home we only buy free range organic, humanely-raised meat (and I don't eat certain meats like lamb or pork). Or foods like foie gras (the closest I will get to that is the China Glaze Hunger Games polish of the same name).
4. My name is City Girl and I have a shoe addiction. It's serious. I actually don't blog really about my shoe purchases, but maybe I should. I am a member of both Just Fab and Shoedazzle and am especially fond of impractical (but sooo cute) high heels that I only wear occasionally but buy often. A couple of my recent purchases is the Abbey Dawn beauty (WTH in pink) and this amazing shoe.
5. Surprisingly, even though I'm subscribed to every beauty box I can get my hands on and make regular shoe purchases I somehow always stay within my grad student budget. It's a miracle!
6. In university (well the undergrad part) I pledged a sorority and most of my friends are from the greek community. And the fraternity system is nothing like what they show on Hollywood movies (well, okay, maybe there is a toga party or two).
7. I am perpetually stuck in the 80's. I just think that was a wild time with fun music and movies- and even though the hair and makeup was crazy big and scary, it was a great time to just let loose (so no I won't go out with parachute pants and shoulder pads), but I think it's fun to add in an element or two to an outfit (think scrunchy foldover boots with leggings or maybe throw on a Madonna-esq cross necklace when going out). Though I'm not going to deny that I subscribe to Much More Retro (hey, "Everybody's working for the weekend" is a classic and Loverboy is Canadian ;)
Phew! That was a lot! Ok, now for the seven blogs/bloggers I nominate for the award...(In alpha order)
1. Jessica at Beauty Gnome
2. Jayne at Cosmetic Proof
3. Gaby at Gaby's Beauty Blog
4. Euginia at Ommorphia Beauty Bar
5 Maddy at Spilled Polish
6. Mary at Swatch and Learn
7. Aleeza at Stylish and Literate
Go check out these blogs if you haven't already!
Changing gears, I just wanted to quickly mention two additional things; first, I have a bunch more book reviews up on my reviewer page at Coffee Time Romance so if you are in the market for your next read, check it out (I also got an award for my review of The Lawman's Vow - take a look at my page for the deets!) I will also have my first interview with an author coming out very shortly; when it does I will link up to that.
Second, this is very exciting...CityGirl has teamed up with Pandora's Makeup Box to offer a 20% off discount for all purchases made through to the end of 2012. This offer is good worldwide, just type in code CityGirl20 at checkout. I will be doing a review of Pandora products in an upcoming review as well!