About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, May 4, 2012

April Glossybox post and review

Yes, the April Glossybox post is going into May, but like many of you, I didn't receive it until May so that's just how the cookie crumbles! I did peek at other blogger's boxes, and it looks like all the boxes are very similar, so there was no major surprise upon opening it. Having said that, I actually did like most of the items so I was generally pleased this month. So let's unbox!

The shipping box
The Glossybox
Wrapped all pretty
The loot
The product card

Not bad! Let's go through it all...


Aveeno face cream with SPF 15
The card reads: "Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer...is clinically shown to improve the look of tone, texture, dullness, blotchiness and brown spots - for naturally radiant skin." The full size is 120 ml for $22.99 and this is a full size product in the box!

Now, as you may recall from the last glossy post in March, I wasn't too thrilled with the Aveeno cream they gave out. I also feel like it is a bit too soon to be repeating brands in the box. However, I think it's really cool that they gave us a full size moisturizer, and if there's one thing I like, it's face or eye creams. So I'll try it out and if I don't like it, my mother might as she liked the Aveeno cream from last month's box.

Elizabeth Grant body wash
Another full size product! The card reads: "Elizabeth Grant Skin Care Shower Gels are delightful fragrant cleansing gels, which foam as you clean. Capturing the true essence of grace, style and individuality in every person." It retails for $20 (240ml). 

Yay! I actually just ran out of my Bath and Body Works shower gel, and look what arrived to take its place. It has a very soft, coconut scent - I love it! For me, the box paid for itself with this.

Wella Conditioner and Treatment
In the February Glossybox I got the Wella shampoo, which I liked a lot, so now I can try out some of their other products. The card says: "This lightweight Brilliance conditioner moisturizes coloured hair, leaving even fine hair full of vibrant shine and free-flowing movement...Brilliance Treatment with triple-blend technology blends three lightweight polymers to instantly restore hair's vibrancy, ...and you guessed it: With diamond dust!" The full size conditioner is 250 ml and full size treatment is 150 ml, and both cost $13.99. The box contained a 30 ml sample of the conditioner and 25 ml sample of the treatment. 

I'm looking forward to using both - they have that same fresh scent as the shampoo and the products look thick and rich (which my thin, dry hair desperately needs!) Happy with this as well!

Marcelle Lengthening Mascara (in Black)

The card reads: " Give your lashes extra length and curl with Marcelle Xtension Plus mascara. Define and separate lashes while minimizing clumps and create maximum lengthening potential for a lash-extension look without adding extensions." This is a full size product  - 9 ml. (which retails for $12.50)

Another plus! Although this mascara has lofty claims (extension-look?) it is a Marcelle product which is a brand I like a lot. I don't have many mascaras at the moment (how did that happen?), so this is a welcome addition to my beauty bag. And it's full size too, which is amazing value for this box.

Wella booklet; Marcelle BB cream sample
And lastly, in an envelope there was a Wella product booklet and a sample packet of Marcelle BB cream.

The card reads: "Marcelle BB Cream: Try the first BB cream formulated especially for Canadian women! Your 8 in 1 skin enhancer does it all for you, instantly! Offered in 2 shades with self-adjusting pigments to suit all ages and skin types."

Excellent! I've been wanted to try Marcelle's BB cream, just to see what it is like, and now I can. Even though right now I'm mainly using my Garnier BB cream, if I like this one I might get it in the future. 

So overall this was a great box for me. If Glossybox can keep this up, I can't wait to see what will be in store in future months!

If you want to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Glossybox here. $15/month, shipping and taxes included. 



15 comments:

  1. mmm you got the coconut shower gel, lucky! that is the one I most wish to have got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it has a really nice light scent - reminds me of my trips down to the Caribbean!

      Delete
  2. City Girl I love your blog! I nominated you on my blog for a Liebster Award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thank you so much! This was so unexpected!!! Thank you for the nomination :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, you got the Coconut Shower Gel! That sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I wish it came with was the pump :)

      Delete
  4. This box makes me wanna sign up for Glossy Box! Great products you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Glossy seems to be good with getting more full-sized products, but it seems to be from the same few companies. Will be eager to see if they'll branch out to other brands as well.

      Delete
  5. I loved Glossybox this month!! I haven't used anything yet because I haven't taken pictures yet lol..but I can't wait to try everything out. Have you tried the BB cream yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the BB cream yet but will probably reach for it this week instead of my Garnier. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  6. Great box once they finually shipped it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It would have been nice to receive the April box in April :)

      Delete
    2. will see how this month goes.. though I have a feeling it will be end of May...

      Delete
  7. Jealous you got the coconut shower gel! Mine isn't a bad smell but it is a heavy perfume smell. I really liked my box as well :) worth the wait but hope they don't continue repeating brands.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I mean it's great to get these products in these sizes, but one thing I love about beauty boxes is that I get to discover new brands as well - that hasn't really happened with Glossy except for Pandora and Bailey (which BTW, that anti-shine powder is pretty good!)

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)