About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Loose Button Summer Trends 2012 event




On Wednesday, May 17, 2012, Loose Button held their Summer Trends 2012 event at Dermalogica on King Street West in downtown Toronto. This was a beauty, trends and lifestyle event that had beauty bloggers, PR, and fashionistas alike nibbling on appetizers, sipping vino and learning about the top ten summer beauty trends from Chantel Guertin, Editor-at-Large at TheKit.ca. Reps from Valentino, Benefit and Dermalogica were also on hand to showcase and discuss their products. This CityGirl scored an invite and had a fantastic time; below are some of the highlights from the evening.

Me and Kara
I attended the event with my good friend Kara - professional make up artist, visual designer and photographer extraordinaire! She did my make up for my wedding and did an amazing job. You can check out her creative genius here. :)



The wall of beauty!
Luxeboxes!

Everyone sipping, noshing and chatting away
The gorgeous tower of cupcakes (with a button on top of each!)
A personalized Loose Button button :)
Valentina by Valentino perfume - smells very feminine and floral!
The Benefit booth
Benefit's They're Real! beyond mascara
Benefit's ultra plush gloss
Benefit's bronzing and highlighting face powders (matches the glosses!)
Benefit's The POREfessional primer
Trying out the POREfessional on my hand - it feels so nice! Amazing scent as well!
Chilling with the crew at Benefit! Thumbs up to POREfessional and all of Benefit's cosmetics!
Presentation time!
Me and Chantel Guertin 
The top ten trends in beauty for summer 2012 was presented by Chantel Guertin from The Kit magazine. Ms. Guertin gave a really fun and engaging presentation (think big lashes, bronzer, winged eyeliner, caviar nails! and pink lips) and is such a sweet and gracious person to speak with.

Me and Daniel
I also got to say thanks for the fabulous event to one of the hosts of the evening and loose button staffers, Daniel. It was neat to talk to some of the staff behind the scenes at this company, considering I get their beauty boxes each month.

The loot
At the end of the evening, each guest was sent away with a lovely gift bag. I opened mine up when I got home and squealed! Inside was...

The Kit magazine

Inside view
An advanced copy of the Kit magazine...

Chantel's book

Inside

An autographed copy of one of Chantel's books (I received 'Stuck in Downward Dog' which I've actually read before and it is really good - chick lit at it's best. And it's set in Toronto! Now I have an autographed copy for my keeper shelf).

This looks familiar...
Oooh, a The Kit-Luxebox collaboration!
What's inside?

The goods
Full size Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Hoola; a rollerball sample of Valentina by Valentino; a sample of K-Pak Revitaluxe by Joico.

There's more?

Dermalogica gift sampler pack
The products
Inside this super cool, $68 value Dermalogica gift pack sampler (from L to R) is their Special Cleansing Gel; Daily Microfoliant (love this!); Skin Smoothing Cream (really love this!); and their multivitamin power firm.

What a neat goodie bag! Thank you so much Loose Button, Dermalogica, Chantel and The Kit magazine, Benefit, Valentino, Joico and Made with Love (for the amazing cupcakes!). I had a great time; can't wait to do it again.

13 comments:

  1. I had such a good time too!
    This is my first time going to a event like this so I really didn't know how to act. I was soo nervous. I love that you took pictures! I took maybe 2 bec of the nervousness.
    Are you going to the thing on Friday? I wish I could go.. but I live in Windsor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if I'd known you were there I would have said hello! Even though you were nervous I'm glad you had a good time. I find these type of events to be really fun and friendly!

      Delete
  2. So jealous! I wish I could of made it to the event, I won an invitation as well! Thanks for sharing your night. I'm even more devastated that I couldn't go.

    Samantha
    nailartcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will do another one and you will be able to make it to the next one!

      Delete
  3. Aww I wish I had known you were going since I was there too! It would have been so nice to meet you :) It was a fantastic night though I am loving my gift bag!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw your post - I didn't know you were going! I agree- the gift bag is quite amazing. Next time one of these events is put on we will have to plan ahead so we can meet and say hello!

      Delete
  4. This looks like it was so much fun!! Are these events for Ontario bloggers and makeup types? Was it by invitation? I'm so curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe some if not all of the invites were through a facebook contest announced on their page; they had mostly bloggers and people in PR and the make-up industry there. If they do another one it will probably be on facebook but since Loose Button is located in Toronto, events would most likely be here I think. You should email them and tell them to do a west coast event as well! :)

      Delete
  5. looks like fun, and I love all that benefit! I am such a fan of their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really looked all that much at Benefit, but now that I had a chance to try it out, it's definitely something I'll test out some more in Sephora!

      Delete
  6. Ahh... Thanks for sharing your post on Loose Button Summer Trends 2012 event!
    I see you are wearing my Necklace in the pics :)
    Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am! It's a really fab necklace - I love the length and it goes with many outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are getting good wear out of the necklace. I am having a sale right now $5 earrings & $10 necklace , just in case. :)

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)