About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May Glymm box...er, bag.

Time to unbox my May Glymm Box!

The shipping container
The shipping box is the same as last time, plain white with the Glymm website on the side.

Inside it looks a lot different than in previous months though...

The product card (where's the model?)


Inside card
No more box?

The bag

Well, it looks like the Glymm box is gone, but in it's place, a cute Glymm nylon bag. I love pink! This reminds me of the U.S. -based box My Glam, in which every month's samples are placed inside a reusable bag.

The goodies inside
Let's take a closer peek at the products...

CK Shock for him and for her
I received two 1.2 ml samples of CK shock - one for him and one for her. The full size for both is 50 ml and retails for $45. I already have samples of these, but I don't really mind getting more as I like wearing the women's version and my husband likes the men's. I do notice however, that the women's version fades much more quickly.

NuMe Hydro Punch Conditioner
I got a 20 ml sample of NuMe's HydroPunch Hydrating Conditioner. The full size is 250 ml and retails for $24.99. I'm happy to receive this sample as it indicates it's for dry or colour-treated hair, and I have dry ends that tend to split. It also contains Argan Oil, Bamboo and Sage extract. I like the packaging of this sample - it would be great to take for travelling or to the gym. So far, I have NuMe's feather extension and their mini flat iron, and I'm excited to try their hair care products as well.

Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream and Vineexpert Anti-Aging Serum
I received a 15 ml sample of Caudalie's gentle buffing cream and a 7 ml sample of their anti-aging serum. The full size of the cream is 60 ml for $35 and the full size of the serum is 15 ml for $33.  I remember getting a Caudalie hand cream in a past Glymm box and really loved it, so I'm looking forward to trying out the buffing cream. I don't know if I will like it more than my Vasanti Enzymatic Rejuvenator but I'll give it a go. However, one of my friends wanted the serum so I gave that to her. There is also a card included in the Glymm bag offering a Caudalie lip balm for free with the purchase of any two Vinosource products.

Coola Cucumber face sunscreen
I got a 5 ml sample of Coola Cucumber mineral face sunscreen. The full-size is 50 ml and retails for $36 (that's an expensive sunblock!!!) Now that summer is almost upon us, I welcome any and all sunblock samples, as they will definitely be used. I don't know if I would buy the full-size though, because of the price.  But I do like how it can be used as a primer - double duty!

Mereadesso Lip Treats 
I received a 1.2 g Mereadesso Lip Treats balm in sheer burgundy. The full size is a package of 2 for $28. This is actually a really nice moisturising lip product that gives a lovely flush to lips. I love the colour!

Swatch on my hand

Swatch on my lips
It's nice and soft, and you can layer to make the colour more intense.

So that's my May Glymm bag. Overall, although I'm sad to see the boxes go, I do like the change they've made with the cute bags. They say it was to cut down on packaging, and that's possible too, but I also think they were doing a rebranding and wanted a new look. I was really happy with the number and variety of products in this month's bag. Keep up the good work, Glymm!

What do you think of the products? What did you get in your Glymm bag this month?

If you'd like to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Glymm here (referral link) or here (non-referral link). Cost is $12/month. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great "bag" this month. Glymm is definitely doing an overhaul to their image.. but with a market as saturated as the one they are in it's needed... Loving the cute pink bag it came in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think with all the competition a rebranding was needed, as no other Canadian box offers a bag, but they still have to keep up with the level and quality of samples (and this is not very easy, and even more difficult to please everyone!) Still, I think it's a good effort on their part.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)