About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pandora's Makeup Box: Swatch and Review

As you may have read in a previous post, CityGirl is now able to offer a 20% discount on all Pandora's Makeup Box purchases (just put CityGirl20 in the discount box at checkout - they'll ship worldwide!). I do not receive a commission on what other people purchase. I was first introduced to the Pandora line in the March Glossybox and it was my favourite product in the whole box. It has also quickly become my favourite blush, period. I love the colour pigment and how it is not shiny, but instead gives a lovely contour to my cheekbones. Because I was so happy with the blush, I decided to purchase some other products in the Pandora line. This post contains my swatch and review of their eye shadow quad, lip gloss and eye primer.

First of all, the primer.(Retails for $20).

The packaging
I love the packaging...it is so cute and girly!

With the wrapper off
I love the little rhinestone!!

The primer
Ok...so I have to apologize. I got a little ahead of myself and was so excited to try out the products when they came in the mail that I used the primer, eyeshadows and gloss and only then thought, "Oh shoot. I forgot to photograph them first". But I hope that just speaks to the quality of the products, that I immediately want to rip into them and try them all out.

Anyway, back to the primer. Again, I am going to say something that sounds familiar after talking about the blush, but this has now become one of my favourite eye primers. It's unbelievable. It goes on smooth and creamy and dries to this lovely powder finish on my lids. Then I put the shadow over it and could not believe how long it lasted throughout the day without creasing! My shadow lasted about 3 times as long before it started to get the little oily crease lines and a bit of fading. I am in love with this primer!

Next is the eyeshadow quad...(the one I got was the Pretty Party Pack Medium with bonus gloss) Retails for $48.

The packaging
With the wrapper off

The shadows
As you can see, these have been tested out by me as well :) The colours included in this palette are: peach sorbet (top left), honey (top right), cognac (bottom left), chocolate (bottom right).

These are really wonderful shadows that give amazing pigment with just a little product. The package is refillable as well! It was easy for me to highlight and contour with the shadow quad and combined with the primer, it stayed on all day. Very highly recommended as well.

Swatches 
I've shown swatches of all the shadows here (starting from L to R): Chocolate, Cognac, Honey, Peach sorbet, eye primer).

Lastly we have the gloss (in Smile, retails for $16 but free if purchased with the Pretty Party Pack).

The packaging

The gloss
Love the rhinestone detailing on the cap!
Again, Pandora has hit it 3 for 3 with this purchase - the gloss is well pigmented, goes on smoothly and the colour is very complementary. There is also a hint of mint with this gloss, which I personally love.

Swatch of the gloss
Swatch on lips - just gorgeous!


So overall, I am insanely happy and pleased with my Pandora purchases. Right now they are even beating out Cargo as my go-to products. In the future I would love to try out their mascara, powder and lipstick. I'm so glad I found out about this awesome Canadian company!

Also, you might be interested to know that Susan Kirsch, creator/owner of Pandora will be on the Shopping Channel for the first time in May. Show times are:

May 10 - 11-11:30 a.m.; 5-5:30 p.m.; 8-8:30 p.m.
May 11 - 7-7:30 p.m.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful review.. Will check out Pandora on the shopping channel & see what kind of deals they hopefully will be offering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I probably will be watching as well - see what will be on offer.

      Delete
  2. I loved that Pandora blush too! That eye shadow quad is just beautiful! Great basic colours! How did you find pricing on shipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the shipping was about $6 for me. They calculate based on where you are located. Having said that, The Shopping Channel charges about $7 for shipping so it's pretty comparable and if you live further the Shopping Channel option might work better.

      Delete
  3. Love your review! Great colours! My order should be coming soon and I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - will be excited to see your review and what you got!

      Delete
  4. it seems like this brand is new to a lot of people, and its being really well received. I love their packaging and the fact that its a Canadian company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wonder how many new brands can come out - I mean, there's a lot of players in the beauty ballgame. But if a company/products are good then they should be able to thrive (through beauty editors picks, word of mouth, etc). I think Pandora might be one of these companies that's on the up and up.

      Delete
  5. Brand new follower - love your blog :) Going to go check out the Pandora website right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've checked out your blog as well!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)