About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, May 28, 2012

QVC New Beauty Test Tube - Second Quarter - April, May, June

I've heard about the New Beauty Test Tube before, but had not really looked into it as I assumed it was an American-only sub. However, I was alerted by Amy at The Pretty Vain  that the QVC version actually ships to Canada. So you can imagine my excitement!

The shipping box
It arrived by Canada Post and only took a couple weeks after initially ordering. There are actually two versions of this test tube - the New Beauty version - and this only ships in the U.S. and the QVC New Beauty version that ships in the U.S. and to Canada. They each come with different products but the same New Beauty magazine. Each tube is just under $30 plus tax and shipping, and for Canada it comes out to just over $45 per tube. For QVC, you can also just choose to buy one shipment, or sign up for auto-delivery (the tube comes out four times per year). Based on the value, selection and quality of products in this tube, I'm seriously impressed.

The tube
The goods
Another look (out of the boxes)
This quarter's tube came with deluxe or full sized products - (from L to R) - StriVectin Intensive Concentrate for stretch marks and wrinkles (15 ml); Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Moisturizing Gel Cream (15 g); St. Tropez Gradual Tan (75 ml); philosophy Amazing Grace shampoo, bath and shower gel (60 ml); Tarte LipSurgence lip luster in fever (full size); Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash (60 ml); Wen Cleansing Conditioner in Tea Tree (6 oz); and at the top - Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Twilight (full size).

Swatch of the Mally Shadow Stick (bronze) and the Tarte Lipsurgence (red)
A close up of the Tarte

The tube also comes with the latest issue of New Beauty magazine and a pamphlet detailing all of the items...

The magazine
The pamphlet explaining the products in the tube

A sample page from the pamphlet
Overall, I am really impressed by this tube. I love the size and variety of products; I had actually only heard of three of these products before and have never tried any of them, so that's fantastic as I love to try new things. I mentioned in my last post that I cancelled one of my beauty boxes and that was Glossybox, because this test tube is actually the same cost as Glossy (it's $45 every three months and Glossy is $15/month) so I didn't want to get both and I decided that I just like the variety of products better in this box. I also like that it comes every three months instead of monthly, as I have enough monthly boxes, and the New Beauty magazine is fabulous. It retails for $10 in stores (so that's a quarter of the box right there) and I find it definitely rivals Allure which is my other go-to beauty mag.

If you're considering another beauty sub or just want one, I'd say go for this Test Tube - you won't be disappointed!

15 comments:

  1. Wow, definitely looks like a great box with different products...always wanted to try the St. Tropez gradual tan too. Hope your next box is just as good...Im gonna have to seriously consider subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - many of the girls on the Makeup talk forums have said that this is their favourite beauty box. Their comments and the review on the pretty vain blog made me want to try it. But I have a ton of subs so one had to go (and in the future I'll probably cut some more that aren't quite what I like).

      Delete
  2. It looks like you got some really great stuff! I just can't seem to justify spending 45$ on one surprise "box/tube". There's no way of knowing what is inside it beforehand is there?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There actually is! If you don't sign up for auto-delivery, you can preview each box on qvc and just order individually. That means every 3 months you'll have to go back and take a look, but you'll see everything first and then decide if you want it. The individual purchase link is here - http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A221410.cm_scid.dtlr

      Delete
    2. I might do it that way then and just order individually occasionally! Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Z, I probably wouldn't go for this one, simply because its a lot to shell out on mystery samples. Did you calculate the total value of everything by chance? It still looks like you got hooked up with a great sample variety and high-end brands (which is unlike Glossybox- they seem to be straight drug store brands lately).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I calculated the samples against the full-size prices on QVC and it comes out to just over $130 value (including the magazine). The Tarte and Mally shadow stick were full size, and the rest sample/deluxe sample size. If it were $45 every month that would be WAY too much, but the cost over 3 months is comparable to Glossy (I agree about a lot of drugstore stuff there). I think I'm just really diggin the brands - but in future shipments if I really don't like it, QVC does offer a 30 day exchange or refund policy.

      Delete
  4. I've thought about trying out Test Tube, but I wasn't sure...this looks like a great tube though!! There is some really great stuff in here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't wait to see what will be in next quarter's tube. All of these beauty surprise boxes have got me hooked!

      Delete
  5. I love that color of tarte! Im obsessed with mine that I got from Teen Vogue. It is for sure my go to lip product when I want color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I love how you can build the colour and how it's incredibly moisturising as well.

      Delete
  6. Ekk would love to try it ! When does the next one come out ? Sept?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in July I believe - if you want just send me a reminder email in July and I can let you know when it's out!

      Delete
  7. ooo this is very interesting!!
    $45 does sound a tad steep but when you said that it's like Glossybox for 3 months anyway, that made a lot of sense to me!
    i love the StriVectin thing (i have stretch marks) and the Tarte lip product looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard nothing but good things about StriVectin and now I am a Tarte fan - I never would have tried their products otherwise - that's why these samplers are so great! Yeah, I didn't really want to stop Glossy, but when it worked out to the same amount, I knew I couldn't do both so I'm going with the Test Tube for now.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)