About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, June 21, 2012

June Glymm bag - post and review



My Glymm box (bag) arrived awhile ago...over a week ago for sure. Unfortunately I just wasn't jazzed enough to blog about it and so have been putting it off (wah, wah, wah...). But I've finally just decided to get over it and post!

The bag
This month the bag is blue. It's actually a nice blue, but I've come to the conclusion the bags need to be bigger. I took it on my trip to Vegas and I could only fit maybe 5 full-sized products in there. Obviously I need my makeup bags to be like my purses - large enough to hold the kitchen sink!

What's inside
Not as thrilled this month as last...but let's take a look.


I guess there's no card any more. BB5 doesn't have a card either, but I was always able to find their product descriptions very quickly and easily, not so with the layout on Glymm's website. So, I'm just going to be reviewing the box as-is, with no card.

Harmony by belvada lipstick/balm duo
This is actually my favourite product in the box. (Retails for $20).

One side is a gloss
The other is a lipstick
Pretty neat and useful! I actually like the colour as well...(I received maroon).


Swatch on hand
Swatched on lips (the colour does bleed a bit, but I like the shade)
La Fresh Polish Remover Wipes
I am sort of glad to receive these as well, as polish remover wipes are so convenient for travel. But I already have purchased Priti NYC soy polish remover wipes (after sampling it in a BB5 box) and love those, so we'll see how this stacks up. Am loving that it is orange-scented though. 18 packs retail for $9.99 and there were two packs in the Glymm bag.

Vitamine and Sea skin solution serum
There is also a little vial of Vitamine and Sea serum. This serum is supposed to be massaged into a damp, cleansed face until fully absorbed. Kind of like a moisturiser I guess. It will be interesting to try, just not when my face is already damp and sticky from all of the humidity! (I need to move to the desert :) I don't know how big this vial is (5ml?) and I cannot find how much the full size sells for.

It is Dream Salvador Dali perfume vial
This was on the site before and now I can't find it! Argh - so frustrating. I think the full size is $45 or something like that. This is a vial of Salvador Dali perfume that is very potent and giving me a headache as we speak. It smells like heavy florals and OFF bug spray. A miss for me. [In other news, as I was trying to find the perfume, I came across another brand that Glymm should sample - the Scent of Departure - the fragrance of LAX (L.A.); IST (Istanbul); DPS (Bali); BUD (Budapest - my peeps!), etc. That would be cool - put different scents in and mix it up a bit!]

Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream
The cream
Last is a sample of Smoothing Marine Cream by Clark's Botanicals. This actually smells pretty nice, and says it will give baby-soft skin, so I will definitely try it out. However, the full size is 50 ml and retails for $115.00 (I'm not sure how big this sample size is - 8ml? Taking a guess). So even if I love the cream, it is just way too  pricey for this grad student's budget.

So overall, although Glymm continues to meet my expectations about giving me brands that I haven't heard of or haven't yet tried, I just wasn't too excited about most of this bag. It might be because I've been getting various samplers for about 6 months now and I have found a lot of products that I love and work into my beauty routine. It might just mean I have to call it quits on Glymm for a bit. (And please bring back the cards - I love your easy reference cards!)

What did you think about this month's bag?

If you want to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Glymm here (referral link) or here (non-referral link). Cost is $12/month plus tax. 

8 comments:

  1. I got the same as you and wasn't horribly impressed. The lipstick is going in my give away box, I already have tons of different ones and the reviews on this one said it runs so I figured it'd be a big no for me. I am curious about the nail polish remover I have yet to find a good one. The perfume is such a odd scent! This box was a "meh" for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipstick is a good shade, but because of the running I don't put it on too strongly. I know - what were they thinking with that perfume? Hopefully the La Fresh will save the day!

      Delete
  2. I did not like the perfume either!! It made me feel sick too...The La Fresh wipes and the lipstick were probably my favourite things for this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try out the wipes? If they work, that would be awesome because they're an ok price for nail polish remover wipes.

      Delete
  3. thanks for the review-- this bag is nothing special but with glymm it is always very hit and miss. a lot of unknown brands in this months bag!!

    CHECK OUT MY CoverFX GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review! the perfume was totally not for me. I am thinking of requesting that my bags be scent free from now one. The lipstick colour looks good on you!

    :)

    industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, I seem to remember a review from a blogger with a scent-free box, and she got sunscreen instead? That would have been better than this particular perfume!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)