About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My first Topbox - June edition

Aaaaaah! Topbox is finally here! I only had to get put on a waitlist for a month in January, then sign up for my first box in February...with my subscription starting in June. JUNE! At least it's June now, and my first Topbox has arrived. And, let me tell you, what a box it is.

The shipping container
The inner tube
I opted for the 'green' topbox option - where I think the materials used to create it are all recyclable. That's fine as I recycle the bulk of the beauty box containers I receive (I only have kept a couple for storing things in). I also like how it fits perfectly in my mailbox - no trips to the post office for this package!

Upon opening the tube
What's inside???

Whatever Lola Wants 
OMG!!!!! My first Deborah Lippmann polish!!!! This is amazing - and it's full size (15 ml), which retails for $20. That's all I have to say about that!

mark. gloss lip stain
Another full size product! This retails for $12 for 1.5 grams. I love mark. stuff but haven't tried this before. It's the gloss gorgeous stay on lip stain. The card says it's in a personalized shade - I received Pop Splendide.

Colour swatch on hand
Swatch on lips
It is actually a light stain - and quite pretty. I didn't find the colour lasted for hours but it is a nice addition to my gloss collection. The applicator is a bit odd - you have to click the end of the gloss several times in order to get the product on the brush. I'm not sure how I feel about this as of yet, but as long as the gloss doesn't goop out (it hasn't yet) it'll be fine.

Cover FX primer
Yay! I love getting primer samples - I know Topbox sampled Pore-fessional by Benefit (and I'm kicking myself that I missed that one) but I've heard great things about this one as well. This is a 7 ml sample tube of Cover FX Clear Prep FX and it claims to mattify and minimize pores while preventing breakouts. I don't have too much of an issue with breakouts, so I hope it is not too drying on my skin - we'll see. The full size is 30 ml and retails for $39.

Swatch on my hand of the primer
Blended in 
The primer is very lightweight and has a light, kinda fruity scent.


Stila curl memory mascara
A Stila sample - this is a 3.5 ml forever your curl, curl memory mascara.The full size retails for $29. The card says that is will enhance lash curl by way of a resin and a film-forming polymer lengthens without fibers. Well, I just hope that means it will work! I haven't opened this yet because I don't open mascaras until I'm ready to use it - samples especially tend to dry out after a few months so I want to wait until I've finished with some other mascaras that are on the go.

Simple eye makeup remover
This looks familiar. Topbox also included a few bonus drugstore products...this Simple eye makeup remover I also received in my May Glossybox. (56 ml sample). Doesn't matter that I got a dupe - I was low on remover before and I go through it very quickly so it will go to good use.

Garnier BB cream
Yay! BB cream samples! I already have the full size tube of this BB cream and love it, so these samples will be great for travel. I received three 5 ml packets of Garnier's BB cream in light (check out my review on this BB cream here).

So, overall - this is so awesome! I love the variety of products, the sizes and the chance to try new things. If you're not a Topbox subscriber, get on the list! Do it! It's worth the wait.

If you'd like to join me on my beauty box journey, you can sign up for Topbox here. Price is $10/month.

10 comments:

  1. YAY for your first Topbox! the mark lipstain took me well over 30 clicks to finally get the product out. i'm glad that Topbox actually sends stuff from previous boxes so you don't miss out - perhaps you will get the Benefit POREfessional next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I actually want many things from their previous boxes - so I don't mind at all! That lipstain did take forever to come out, but now it only takes a click to get it on the brush. It was probably because we were just starting the tube; I had a Stila lip gloss that was very similar.

      Delete
  2. Oh yay! You finally got Topbox! That is awesome that you got the Lippman polish! I like the colour of the lipstain on you! It's a good everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to favour lighter lip colours but once in awhile I'll go with something more dramatic. I thought I would never get a Deborah Lippman polish - I'll swatch it in a future post, along with the Del Sol from the Sweet Delight Divalicious box.

      Delete
  3. congrats on your first topbox! isn't it the best? ugh, I just love this subscription. the other ones cannot compare! you got a great box. I love the coverFX primer, I want to get the full sized one! it has salicylic acid in it though, so be careful. it may be drying if you don't suffer from acne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every month I watched the TopBox unboxings - this was one of the originals I wanted soo badly. Thanks - point taken on the primer; I might use a thicker moisturiser and let that absorb before using this primer - if I don't use moisturiser at all my skin is terribly tight and dry.

      Delete
  4. Lucky girl! I still have to wait till Sept.!! What an amazing box a great month for you to start receiving them :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will love it when you start your subscription - this company definitely seems to have all their ducks in a row - they don't take on too many subscribers to ensure quality product and customer service; they have a friendly facebook page, and they've got great samples - the main reason we get the boxes!

      Delete
  5. This looks like an amazing box!! I reallly reallllly cannot wait to get off that long waiting list! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - the wait is long, but it is so worth it in the end!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)