About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

BKD Signature - my favourite candle maker!

Today I'd like to share with you a favourite indie shop of mine, BKD Signature. I was first introduced to this store a few months ago; I believe I found her through a Sampler Village link on Facebook. BKD Signature makes pendants and amazingly scented soy candles. On her facebook page, she was having a fundraising sale for a cat she recently rescued, and since I have two cats of my own (that are rescues), I donated to the fund and received two candles - Peanut Butter Cookie and Birthday Cake. I literally could not get enough of these scents - Peanut Butter Cookie smelled exactly like the name and inspired me to bake those cookies one afternoon; Birthday Cake smelled like creamy vanilla cake, fresh from the oven, with sprinkles on top!

4 oz tin - BKD scented soy candle
I love burning scented candles while I'm working on my thesis proposal, so I light one everyday as I work (it makes the process just a little bit better ;)

These were so great, I stocked up on four more scents (there are so many it made it difficult to finally settle on just four)- Black Raspberry Vanilla, Sweet Pumpkin Spice, Birthday Cake (it's my favourite!) and Crème Brulee. Yummy! I'm burning Black Raspberry Vanilla as I write this; it's a lovely summer scent.

BKD Signature also makes pendants; she recently gifted both Rachael Ray and Kaley Cuoco some of her pendants as well. I purchased one of the limited-edition heart-shaped glass tile pendants with Asian Chiyogami paper; it actually arrived on my birthday (June 29) so it was a nice treat to myself!

Close-up of pendant 
Wearing the pendant (it goes
well with my birthday outfit!)

Right now, she is having a huge sale to celebrate the opening of her Craft Cafe Shop. 4 oz soy candles, which are normally $7, are on sale for $4.50. I might get a couple more at that price!


6 comments:

  1. Awww, I love the dress! It looks great on you! I love candles too, so thank you for letting us know about a great seller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it a few years ago on a trip to England; it's a great little summer dress. For the candles, I love to switch between the scents - one day birthday cake, the next, peanut butter cookie, etc. Baked goods are my favourites for some reason.

      Delete
  2. Wow, love that dress..looks fantastic on you! The purse rocks too! :)

    Thanks for the info about the candles! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments! I so love the 'waves' on the purse and the light beige colour makes it great for summer wear.

      Delete
  3. Those sound like fantastic scents! I love that necklace to.. you looked stunning in that dress!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)