About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Julep Melissa and O Canada

Here's a NOTD I did with Julep's Melissa (opalescent shimmer) and O Canada (red and mix holo glitter in a clear base). 

O Canada and Melissa
My mani
Another view
Another view
Why I really like this combo is because the opal background of Melissa has a holo kick, so it sets off the glitter in O Canada, but it also gives a subtle background for the red bits to really stand out. It's a lovely Canadian mani!


12 comments:

  1. I love this look! I have never tried Julep polishes before but after reading your blogs I'm very tempted!

    Love your blog by the way :)

    Jess

    http://eat-shop-live.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Julep has been getting better and better I find so I love trying different looks with these polishes.

      Delete
  2. very cute! melissa is my fave polish lately, I use it over every colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of their most versatile polishes I find - too bad they don't have a larger size!

      Delete
  3. really pretty!! i need a color like melissa; the shimmer in it is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great holo, that's for sure :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh love it!! I wouldn't think to use those two together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going through my nail polish bin, trying to match up colours and these two just came together quite nicely!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! Just in time for the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Opening ceremony today - so exciting :) I'm an Olympics junkie - gotta watch all the highlights at least. Will probably watch any of the events when I have time - swimming, rowing, team sports...but track is my fave.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think I like it better than just over white, but I'm waiting for my metallic white from the August Julep box to try it with.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)