About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, August 10, 2012

August Glymm Bag - *SPOILER*

Unbelievable. The postman delivered my August Glymm box today - I didn't even know they were shipping it out! Super-early this month :) So, I thought I'd do a short spoiler post - don't read any further if you haven't got your box and want a surprise. For those that want a peek, read on.

Wrapped up in tissue
The Glymm bag
 Pretty! I love the shiny black quilting this month.

August products
So, the slightly sucky part is that not only is there not a card, the myproducts link doesn't list the products either; Glymm says the info will be emailed to us instead. I really wish they'd bring the card back.

The Laundress' Delicate Wash
First up is laundry wash - The Laundress' Delicate Wash is to be used on delicates and lingerie. There is one small wash per packet and one packet (15 ml) is included in the Glymm bag.  On their site, a bottle (500ml I think) goes for $22.00 and the scent (Lady) is apparently amber, citrus and herbal notes. I already have detergent for my delicates and I actually prefer unscented when it comes to wash, but I will try this out nonetheless.

Benta Berry face cream
This is Benta Berry's face cream that is called "G-1 moisturzing face cream for boys and girls" (???) Besides the interesting name, Glymm's website says it has a mattifying effect and that it's made of nature ingredients like jasmine, blueberry and white dead nettle. It smells like that Sampar cream I got from Topbox - very odd. Kind of like a romp through a tinder-dry forest. Honestly I don't know how to describe it. Glymm says the scent was designed by a famous perfumer. Meh, I guess it's ok. The sample I received is 3 ml; the full size (30 ml) retails for $22.00.

Vitamine & Sea Mineral Clay Mask
This is a lovely little clay mask from Vitamine and Sea. I don't know how much this little container holds but honestly I hope it lasts a long time because the full size (210 ml) is $62.00. It smells very clean and fresh. I do like face masks so this will be fun to try.

Naked Princess Naked Shine Lip Gloss
I actually really really like this gloss. Naked Princess Naked Shine gloss is a plumping, non-tacky gloss that comes in 8 different shades of nude. I received "Barely Coco". It kind of smells like caramel/vanilla and made my lips really smooth. The colour is lovely too. I just wish I got a bigger sample size (0.25 g; full size 2.9 ml for $26.00).

Swatch on hand (nice!)
Swatch on lips (pretty!)
Atelier Cologne in Vanille Insensee 
Last we have Atelier Cologne in Vanille Insensee. Awhile ago, Glymm sent us the Orange Sanguine sample from them, and I actually kind of liked the kitschy postcard and smelling all like oranges. Now, I get to smell like vanilla-lime musk, and there's another postcard.  This one reads...

"He wove through the crowd when suddenly his heart quickened. That scent. It was hers. He had worn it first until she stole it for herself. Now, there she was before him and the magic of years past came flooding back in a moment."

Atelier knows how to set the scene! I do like this scent, very creamy with that kick of lime. This is just a little vial; the full size sells for $70.00 (30 ml) or $190.00 (200 ml).

So that's the bag. Overall, I think I'm most excited for the gloss, mask and perfume though I do wish there were bigger sample sizes of all of them - most of these are very tiny.

Thoughts on this month's bag?

If you haven't signed up for Glymm and would like to, consider using my referral link. $12/month, includes shipping.

28 comments:

  1. Despite the lovely bag... it still seems small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my biggest pet peeve this month - why oh why so tiny?!?!

      Delete
  2. I definitely like the makeup bag much more than the ones we've received in the past. To be honest, I am most excited about the Atelier Cologne even though it's the smallest part of the whole bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfume is really nice so that's a relief (as that Dali fragrance was the pits!) And I think I'll actually keep and use this bag!

      Delete
  3. I think you are missing an item? I saw a picture of this months glymm bag on twitter and the girl had everything you had plus Mai Couture highlighting papiers. Her twitter is @evemartel if you want to check out her pictures. I really like the cosmetic bag this month, but the contents are so small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Man, it's just my luck if I am missing something. It's sucky 'cause I can't check myproducts and they haven't sent me an email with the product list. Bring back the cards, Glymm!

      Thanks for letting me know though.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. well...I think they filled the bag with whatever they had in stock...I had Nu.Me Hydro Punch Hydrating Conditioner instead of the Laundress' Delicate Wash, and I didn't get the Mai Couture highlighting papers, instead gotta two sheets of their blushing paper. It's my very first month subscription, kinda disappointed :(

      Delete
    4. They must have had extra of the NuMe from last time - it's not a bad conditioner (I liked it much better than the shampoo). What do you think of the blush papers?

      Delete
  4. Really ? No full size this month ?? I'm disappointed :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A full size gloss would have been just perfect :)

      Delete
    2. I agree!!! and it's weird you didn't get the Mai Couture blush paper. I got it in my box.

      Delete
    3. I know occasionally they leave an item out - but I wasn't thrilled with the Mai Couture papers I got in a past box so I don't think I'll contact them as I wouldn't really use it. Still though, it sucks to be down one item.

      Delete
  5. Wow that is early for a subscription box! Interested to see if you love any of the things your received :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously considering getting the Naked Princess Gloss as it feels amazing on my lips and I love that colour (I know, I've got like 50 glosses on the go - help!) But I still have those Glymm points and I haven't gotten anything with them yet (that is one big positive about Glymm; getting free stuff in their store with the points).

      Delete
  6. Awe :( not so cool .. glymm seriously hasn't really wow-ed me since they first started these bags ! .. can't believe no full sized product!!


    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like some of the products, but it is difficult to do a thorough test with tiny samples.

      Delete
  7. I did not receive the fabric wash - instead I got a decent-sized (20 mL) tube of the NUME Hydro-Punch hydrating conditioner. I also got Mai Couture blush papers instead of foundation papers. The other items are the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NuMe conditioner is not bad - it's in my gym bag. I wonder if I should contact Glymm about the Mai Couture, or if it's worth it since there's only 2 sheets in the sample.

      Delete
    2. This is really strange... but I received a full-size hand cream in my Glymm Bag this month but it was not even listed in the "Myproducts" email that Glymm sent me. The hand cream is by "principessa beauty" (the scent kinda reminds me of the brand cake...sweet scent"
      Here are the products I got:
      1. Full-size hand cream by Principessa beauty
      2. Vitamine & Sea clay mask
      3. Atelier cologne in "trefler Pur"
      4. Mai Couture foundation sheets
      5. creme hybradante regulatrice G-1
      6. Naked Princess luscious lip gloss in "barely nude"

      Delete
    3. Lucky!!! Principessa is an awesome brand (I have their dry shampoo and love it). And full size too! Oh and that's a different perfume scent too - how do you like it?

      Delete
    4. I like the principessa hand cream a lot actually... the scent is quite nice. (its sweet but not over the top sweet)
      It says on their site that Sephora carries the brand but i've never actually seen it at sephora though. - I'd love to try some of their other products.

      Delete
  8. your post was the first i saw about August's bag and i too, am surprised how quick they sent it out! mind you i got mine Tuesday which is still later than everyone else it seems but before topbox?? wowsa.
    the products inside could use a little more improvement though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topbox should be coming soon - I think it was a delay with one of their products. Excited for that box! I agree about Glymm - do they ever follow bloggers and vloggers reviews and comments?

      Delete
  9. I just got my bag today and i'm pretty pleased with it. I got the following:

    Bentaberry face moisturizer - 3 ml
    V&S Clay Mask
    Naked Princess in Barely Blush - 0.008 oz
    Mai Couture foundation sheets - 2 sheets
    Coccolily Nail Polish in Provocative(very pretty pink color) - 15 ml(I think it's full size!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you opt to receive a no-fragrance bag? I've noticed that those bags get some full sized products. That is awesome about the nail polish - I just googled it and it is an awesome colour!

      Delete
  10. Hey there! I just did a review of my August bag too, feel free to check out my blog! I'd love if you would like to follow me, I'd do the same back :)!

    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - will check out your blog! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)