About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, August 6, 2012

August Julep Maven Box

Yay! My August Julep Maven Box came super early this month, August 2nd to be exact. Awesome! And it came just in time for me to bring it up to the cottage to test out and swatch the colours.

The box (pink this month!)
It's Julep Maven's 1st anniversary :)
A thank you message inside the lid and the card for my IT girl box.
Free bag! (Love the message:)
The polishes were tucked away inside the cute little tote bag. After going back and forth between several of the box choices this month, I decided to stay with my style profile, IT girl, but add on the polishes from Boho Glam, (Isla and Piper). I'm going to regret not adding Dakota to my order, as some point in the future I just know I'll need a rose gold ;) My add-on's will ship separately.

From L to R: Sienna (gold metallic) Harley (silver metallic) Melanie (blue metallic)
Let's swatch 'em out!

Swatches of Sienna, Harley and Melanie
Another angle
I have to say, Sienna was the polish in the box I was least looking forward to (I was getting IT girl mainly for the other two) and actually it's the one I like the most! It's not totally smooth; there's a bit of shimmy-shimmy in there that makes it look like a texturized chrome (I don't know if that made sense, but I look at Sienna and think "Swanky! That one's got some shimmy-shimmy!"). The other two are lovely as well - Harley is smooth-as-glass silver and Melanie is a beautiful pool of metallic blue. Gorgeous! They are not really streaky either; Harley is the one probably most prone to streaks but they should be minimal if you try to apply with an even, steady hand (which is not always possible, I know. I think I got a small streak in my swatch.) Try to take your time with Harley, anyway.

Very pleased overall with this month of Maven, as I love metallics and these are soft colours but still have that great chrome shine. Happy 1st anniversary Julep!

If you'd like to get your own box of polishes, your intro box only costs a penny (all in). Use code MAVENINTRO at checkout. Consider using my referral link to sign up if you do! :)

17 comments:

  1. I got Sienna in a past mystery box and I LOVE it! Enjoy your metallics <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty; this will probably be one of my go-to neutrals!

      Delete
  2. WOW you got yours sooo early!! I'm excited for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked to see the box on August 2. I don't think any box has come so early, it was a nice surprise.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is lovely - classic gold shimmer. I can't believe I overlooked it initially.

      Delete
  4. Sienna is my top 3 favourite colour of my 200+ polishes. I didn't think it would be either...it's one you HAVE to have to know how wonderful it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree - this is one polish you must look at in person!

      Delete
  5. oh wow they all look so pretty!!!! awesome box! Sienna and Melanie would be my picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very happy with Julep this summer! Colours are fab :)

      Delete
  6. Great metallic polishes in Aug box...I only get the mystery box's , so I look forward to it in the mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh - post about it when you get it! I didn't get a mystery box as I am still wading through these summer polishes (and the lovely Essie's as well). Really interested to see what the style profile boxes contain!

      Delete
  7. Once I get my mystery box - I will post it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps. I had to share this link
      http://thefw.com/baby-gorilla-stethoscope/

      Delete
  8. Once I get my mystery box - I will post it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. http://marsbar35.blogspot.ca/

      Got my box - very happy

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)