About Me

My Photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, August 16, 2012

August Topbox *SPOILER* unboxing and review

Well last month wasn't the best month for me and Topbox, but they sure made up for it this month! That's why I'm such a fan of this company; more often then not they put out great boxes that are definitely worth the $10/month.

Let's take a look at this month's box.

The tube
The products
I can't figure out how they fit all this stuff into the tube - it's quite a bit (and I can't put it all back!)

Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner 
Now this is more like it. These are actually two bonus products from the box  - 89 ml samples of Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner. This is an awesome brand and these are definitely deluxe sizes! The conditioner especially smells amazing, kind of like coconut.

Kellett Cleanser
Kellett Skincare sent in a 10 ml sample of their Polishing Gel Cleaner (full size 130 ml for $45). This gel works up a nice scrub and afterwards my skin felt soft and smooth. I'm going to love using up this sample!

Nice exfoliation! 


Pink Wipes Feminine Wipe
This is another bonus product - a Pink Wipes feminine wipe. Good thing I read the fine print 'cause this 'aint a face wipe ;) They come individually wrapped and a 15-pack sells for $12.

Expression Blush Brush
On the product card, Topbox says this Expression Blush Brush retails for $22 and Topbox members can get the set for $49.99 ($130 value). This is a nice brush; the bristles are soft and the construction of the whole brush looks sturdy. Overall I prefer my blush brushes a bit bigger but this is not bad. I won't get the set though because of the brush explosion I got in my Coastal Scents box! (more about this in another post)

Dot by Marc Jacobs and L'Eau de Chloe body lotion
Last we have these sweet little bottles of perfumed products. On the left is this totally adorable ladybug-esq bottle of DOT perfume by Marc Jacobs; the sample is 4 ml (now that's a sample!) and the full size is either $79 for 50 ml or $105 for 100 ml. It smells just like it states on the product card, jasmine and red berries and I love this scent. On the right is a 30 ml bottle of L'Eau de Chloe lotion (full size is $60 for 200 ml). It smells like a citrus-floral and is also quite nice.

I am very happy with this month's box. Good products, good brands and great sizes. It was nice of them to throw in those extra products too!

What do you think of this month's Topbox? If you subscribe, what did you get in your box?

30 comments:

  1. Oooohhh!!! Itty bitty perfume bottles! I love those! This month's looks great! I can never get all the products back in either! How do they do it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to put it back when I opened it just so I'd have it all in one place when I blogged about it but I couldn't cram it all back in, and just put the shampoos to the side. That's a good thing if there's so many products it's literally bursting the box!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is cute :) Those little ladybug "wings" are so sweet!

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome! Mine should arrive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That's today - stalk your mailbox ;)

      Delete
  4. I have not received mine yet! looking forward to the unboxing.

    Check out my LippyGirl Blusher giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I will get all the same things as you this month or if there will be varied boxes!!

      Delete
    2. That's why I love reading all the unboxing posts - I'm so curious to see what everyone got.

      Delete
  5. What an awesome box! I've only recently got on the waiting list for topbox, I heard it takes on average 3-4 months for an opening! :( Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I signed up it was January, then I got off the waitlist in February and reserved my first box with subscription starting in June (yes June!) It does take awhile but it's worth it - stay on that waitlist!

      Delete
  6. Great box! Iam dying to get my hands on the DOT perfume to smell it.. I love all the perfumes Marc Jacobs has and the bottles are the fun part!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this perfume too - I know Shoppers Drug Mart is running their beauty promo this month and you can get a whack of Optimum points by purchasing a Marc Jacobs perfume.

      Delete
  7. Wow, they did cram a bunch in that tube! What a great selection of stuff!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving this month's box - going to check out your blog!

      Delete
  8. I loved this months box, the DOT perfume is to DIE for and I'm not even a huge wearer of perfume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good :) I guess this is the scent that speaks to you!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the nice comments about our Polishing Gel Cleanser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's just lovely, not too rough and exfoliates nicely. Thanks for reading and stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's probably the nicest perfume sample I've got!

      Delete
  11. Wow! I can't wait to get mine. Too exciting!
    Thanks for giving me a peak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Dot mini bottle is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. So much better than those tiny sample vials some companies give out!

    Following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw it I thought it was definitely a deluxe-sized sample - you can get many uses out of it for sure!

      Thanks for the follow! I'm checking out your blog too!

      Delete
  13. Fantastic box.. I don't like perfume samples usually but if they are as cute as the ones you got I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked some of the other scents that I've received in previous beauty boxes, but this bottle takes the cake!

      Delete
  14. Fabulous box...I'm still dying to get mine..on the list since Feb!! I got a wee sample of the marc jacobs perfume at sephora. It's nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll get your topbox soon - when you do, treasure that sub! Probably the best Canadian one we have.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)