About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, August 31, 2012

Birchbox and Beauty Army 4-month subscription haul!

I am super excited to be writing this post! Back in April of this year, a fellow makeup enthusiast, Steph, and I decided to do a beauty sub exchange. She ordered Glymm, Glossybox and Luxe Box and I ordered Birchbox ($10/month) and Beauty Army ($12/month). For four months the subs came in and now it's time for the exchange! I am just waiting for the last Luxe Box to come in (the first seasonal one of theirs) and then I will be sending her shipment. She already sent mine, and yesterday I received a giant box of U.S. beauty box goodies!

4 months worth of Birchbox/Beauty Army
To save space and save on shipping costs, the boxes were not included but each month was wrapped up with product cards.

Let's get to it!

May Beauty Army:


Beauty Army lets you choose up to 6 samples each month from a list of options. This is what I chose for May:

- Korres Body Butter in Guava
- Cover FX Clear Prep (this was before I knew about the one coming in my Topbox)
- Atopalm Moisturizing Cream
- Be Fine Night Cream
- Weleda Refining Toner (I love all Weleda)
- La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Cloth

June Beauty Army:


For the month of June I chose:

- NYX Individual Curl Mascara (full size!)
- Korres Guava Shower Gel (of course I had to match it up!)
- Pssssst! Dry Shampoo (see how this stacks up to my principessa)
- Indie Lee Lavender The Moisturizing Oil
- Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream
- Fiafini Delicate Cleansing Emulsion


July Beauty Army:


For July, my picks were:

- Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume
- Cell Ceuticals Daily Skin Protector Spf 55
- Atzen Balance Protective Day Cream
- Youngblood Mineral Primer (ohhh, I've wanted to try this out!)
- Besame Crimson Rouge
- Cocktail perfume

And that's not all!

August Beauty Army (modified box):



For August, my box didn't arrive in time when she was going to ship, so she put together a selection of products for me:

- philosophy love sweet love 3-in-1 (I do like this!)
- pur-lisse lip comfort (I love pur-lisse products)
- Elariia Blue Jasmine Body Cream
- Oscar Blandi Hair Serum
- Smashbox photo finish primer :)
- Salty Cosmetics mineral eyeshadow
- Color Club nail polish
- stila curl memory mascara
- Borghese Tono Body Cream
- Cosmetics bag

Amazing stuff!

Now for the Birchboxes...

May Birchbox (Gossip Girl Edition):


Birchbox did a special-edition Gossip Girl themed box in May; here's what I got:

- 2 packette of Kerastase Cristalliste shampoo
- Stila sparkle waterproof liquid eyeliner (fun!)
- Color Club nail polish in Disco Nap
- Dr. Jart BB cream spf 25
- Kerastase Cristalliste lumiere liquid
- notecard with envelope


June Birchbox:



In my June Birchbox I received:

- Lune Peanut Butter Cookie bar (it's really good; I devoured it after snapping the picture)
- Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfume (this smells really good)
- stila one step bronze (full size!!!) - Yes!!
- Stainiac hint of tint for cheeks and lips in beauty queen
- 2 Comodynes self-tanning towelettes

And there's more!

July Birchbox (Glamour magazine edition):


Glamour partnered with Birchbox this month to bring me:

- Birchbox exclusive earbuds (I'm plugging these into my ipod right now!)
- Oscar de la Renta live in love perfume
- Jouer moisturizing lip gloss in wind
- Tea Forte mints
- Blinc mascara (OMG!!! this sample is close to full size!)
- Manna Kadar sheer glo shimmer lotion


August Birchbox:


In my August back-to-beauty school box I got:

- beauty fixation pre-tweeze treatment (24 swabs included!)
- Oscar Blandi smoothing shampoo (this stuff smells nice)
- 2 samples of Caldrea palmarosa wild mint hand soap
- Viva La Juicy La Fleur perfume
- Eye Rock Designer Liner instant eyeliner designs (4 styles included!)
- Schick hydro silk razor

That was all of my boxes, but Steph also put together a little bag full of her faves, and new and interesting products!



She included for me:

- Circus by Andrea's Choice nail polish in Somersault
- Urban Decay Lip Love
- Hot Ticket nail polish in Counterfeit
- eyeko skinny liquid eyeliner - awesome!
- jane iredale Just Kissed lip plumper
- Bare Escentuals Buxom lips in Leslie
- juice Beauty Green Apple organic spf 15 moisturizer
- Zoya nail polish in Lotus (all these polish colours are so cool!)
- MyGlam Glam Gloss in 01 (oh man when I saw this I squealed - I've seen this from other bloggers and wanted to check it out).
- Cosmetic bag

I am just tickled pink over this haul of products and for all the wonderful extras Steph included. When you get several months of a subscription box all at once, it really does feel like a big Christmas gift! I want to thank Steph sooo much for doing this exchange; it was a lot of fun and hopefully we can do another in the future!

What products out of this haul do you like the best? If there are any that you are curious about, let me know and I'll do a more thorough review of the product in a future post.


10 comments:

  1. Wow! So many LOVELY and amazing items you received! :D I would be tickled pink too! ^_^ Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've never been so excited to receive a sample box package!

      Delete
  2. That's amazing!
    What a great idea! I would also like to get this all at once! I wouldn't know what to try first! I'd be too excited!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It'll probably take me a few weeks to go through everything and I don't know what to take out - it all looks so good :)

      Delete
  3. omgaaaawdd!!! so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel the need to emphasize with even more exclamation marks but i will hold back.
    this is a fantastic idea - there is just soo much goodies in that box. i would have no idea where to start but it would be fun trying every single thing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think getting a bunch of boxes at once is even more fun than one at a time and ever since I started this beauty box craze, I've wanted to test out the original (a.k.a The Birchbox). I'm telling you, they need to come to Canada! And Beauty Army has a really neat concept of choosing your samples out of a selection (based on your profile). You can also take the quiz over if you don't see products you like the first time.

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! What a great idea!!! I have been so jealous of Birchbox and Beauty Army for so long!!! I would have been shaking with excitement the day this package arrived at my door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely neat to be able to try out these American subs, and so much fun unboxing 4 months worth!

      Delete
  5. wowow!!! This was freaking awesome! I bet it was JUST like Christmas! :) It's a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great experience and now I've got two giant Ziplock bags full of these U.S. boxes to go through properly and play around with!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)