About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

DaLish Cosmetics - eyeshadow and face serum

You may remember back in July I made my own lipbalms at a DaLish Cosmetics workshop. I've been using this Toronto-based company's products for several years, and love their simple approach to makeup and skincare. Recently at the lipbalm workshop, I picked up another eyeshadow and their face serum and have been using them on a regular basis for a month.


Dual-ended eyeshadow

DaLish's eyeshadows (3.5 ml for $25) are cream-to-powder and there are two shades on each end. A wand applicator deposits the pigment on your lids and then you can blend with a brush or your fingers. Be quick though, it sets fast! My favourite colour is the nude/brown combo - this one that I bought is actually a replacement because I used up the first!

Swatch on hand
On lids
This is the same picture from the IT Cosmetics review - I have the Hello Lashes mascara on but the DaLish eyeshadows. It is a great neutral for daytime wear.

Ultra Reparative Face Serum
I also decided to try out DaLish's Ultra Reparative Face Serum (25ml for $65). Previously I have only used their cosmetics so this is my first time testing out a product from their skincare line. There are over 20 essential oils packed into this serum like jojoba, passionfruit, avocado and seabuckthorn. and it smells so good (very fresh and fruity almost). The directions say to use it twice a week (though you can use it daily if desired) and to use a couple pumps all over face and neck.

Pumped into hand
I've been using this serum twice a week for about a month. It absorbs really fast into my skin and gives it a very healthy sheen/glow. I actually use it under the Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer I got in my Shopping Channel beauty bag, and the two work very well together. The only downfalls is that it is a bit pricey and although the bottle is frosted glass and quite lovely, the top is this white plastic pump that dispenses the liquid in a bit of a messy way. I would suggest that maybe these pumps be replaced with a pump that has a slight nozzle, as this might improve the way the product dispenses. The serum itself though is really nice. To see more of their products, you can check out DaLish cosmetics entire line here.

What are your thoughts on cream-to-powder shadows? Do you use a face serum? What kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)