About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Essie polish win from BeautyBoxBlog

I was so excited when I found out I won GlamGal's Essie polish prize pack (see her wonderful blog - BeautyBoxBlog). Since she's nearby, we actually met up instead of her posting the package in the mail. It is so neat to meet another beauty blogger and we certainly had lots to discuss!

Now onto the super-cool prize...polishes!

From L to R: Eternal Optimist, Buy Me a Cameo, Peach Daiquiri, A Crewed Interest
Nubar polish in Star Sparkle, e.l.f. lip shine in Goddess 
GlamGal included two extras in my prize pack - this Nubar polish and e.l.f. lipgloss. Too cool and very sweet of her.

Swatches of  Eternal Optimist, Buy Me a Cameo, Peach Daiquiri, A Crewed Interest
I love these polishes; they are very wearable and the colours are gorg! (Peach Daiquiri is especially nice for summertime).

Swatch of Star Sparkle 
This polish is aptly named; it reminds me of twinkling little stars all over my nail! This is fantastic glitter.

swatch of e.l.f. gloss in Goddess
The e.l.f. gloss is a lovely neutral, and the consistency is so smooth - I love these types of glosses because they are great alone or over lipstick.

I am so thrilled with this prize pack! Thanks again to GlamGal at BeautyBoxBlog for hosting such a neat giveaway!

14 comments:

  1. what a great prize you won, you lucky gal! Love all the colors of the Essie nail polish, very wearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very excited when I found out I won! I am really pleased with all the lovely polish colours :)

      Delete
  2. congrats! those are very nice prizes! funny enough, i posted about "Eternal Optimist" just yesterday!
    "A Crewed Interest" and "Star Sparkle" look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite lovely - it's neat how we got the same colour - eternal optimist is great for daytime wear.

      Delete
  3. wow all those Essie's are gorgeous!! Awesome prize, and it is fun that you two met up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really neat to meet a fellow blogger and talk shop (beauty products, that is ;)

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you like the polishes. I especially think the Nubar polish looks amazing! It was so nice to meet you and we could have chatted all day long! There was so much to talk about! The contest was a great idea, not only did I gain new followers but I am now following some fantastic and creative blogs myself, and City Girl is one of them!

    Have a great weekend and see you in the blogoshere!

    GlamGal
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely meeting you and thank you so much again. I was actually looking for a colour like Star Sparkle for awhile, but couldn't find a silver glitter I really liked. This one is excellent though! Thanks so much for your kind comments :)

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love the Essie polishes that you won!! Congrats!!

    Visiting from the the blog hop, and happy to be following :0)

    Hope you get a chance to check out my blog <3

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Following your blog as well :)

      Delete
  6. Such a good win!
    I love that Nubar nail polish!
    Is it just me or does the Nubar nail polish take awhile to dry properly?

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drying time wasn't too bad, but I do notice that overall, glitters take longer to dry, it can move around a bit on your nail bed if not fully dry. But at least it's a quick fix as glitter blends together nicely!

      Delete
  7. Congrats! I have Eternal Optimist..my husband bought it for me...as a joke. I'm a realist! ;) So, not sure I like the colour, I haven't swatched it..but it does look nice here. I have a huge Essie stash..they're my fave. The one here I'd love to try is A Crewed Interest. I'd love to try Nubar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Essie quite a bit - I think I wore Sexy Divide on my toes for my wedding. This is actually my first Nubar polish - I would definitely get more!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)