About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, August 10, 2012

Julep August add-ons - Piper and Isla

Hi! Quick post this Friday; I wanted to swatch my August add-on's from Julep Maven: Piper and Isla (Boho Glam box).

L to R: Piper and Isla
Piper is a soft & dreamy green metallic but Isla takes the cake - I never knew how exciting white metallic could be! It gives a flash of class to nails :)

Since there was a lot of talk about how Piper and Isla were the metallic versions of Daphne and Kate from July's IT girl box, I thought I'd do a comparison swatch.

L to R: Daphne, Piper, Isla, Kate
I find that Isla is like a metallic Kate, but Piper isn't as close to Daphne; it has more mint-green in it. Nevertheless they are close and quite complementary!

What add-on's did you get this month?


6 comments:

  1. I totally agree, Isla just classes things right up! Although Piper is a fairly interesting colour too. I didn't get this month's box because I don't really like metallics...lol I figure it saves me some money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I didn't really like cream polishes until I started getting the monthly Maven boxes - I've always been a metallic girl at heart though ;) But yeah, if you don't like metallics, not much of an alternative this month.

      Delete
  2. nice!



    p.s. I'm having a Shop Jeen ring giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm checking out your giveaway :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, yeh..it is pretty close. Thanks for showing that. I wish I picked these two colours now. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - polishes choices are endless and all seem necessary; it's so hard to choose!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)