About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, August 13, 2012

July Beauty Box 5

I got my July Beauty Box 5 last week (though I wish shipping wouldn't take several weeks!) Oh well. I was able to test out all the products, so let's get to it!

The BB5 goodies!
Product card (thanks for including a card! It is helpful :)
The first this I saw were the false lashes!

Hollyren Eyelashes
On my eye
Although it looks quite pretty, they are a bit of a pain to get on, and not nearly as easy or comfortable as my Ardell false lashes (to see those, scroll down midway through my post on the SMUT soiree). These lashes feel very synthetic as well. It's still fun though to play around with different lash looks! I think I will end up trimming these at the ends, as they are a bit long for my eye. These Hollyren lashes retail for $7.00. It did not come with lash glue.

Bodyography Makeup Primer
Swatch on hand 
The Bodyography Primer is interesting - it has a fresh scent and when rubbed in completely, turns matte. However, after a few hours of wear on a hot summer's day, the primer tended to melt and disturb my makeup. I had little patches of concealer appear on my forehead! So I'm not to sure about this primer - currently, I am loving my Cover FX for summer. Full size of this primer retails for $30.

Blinc mascara 
I so wanted to try this for a long time now! It forms little 'tubes' around your lashes that is removed with just warm water and gentle pressure. The full size retails for $26.

My lashes with Blinc mascara 
And when I rubbed my eye with a bit of warm water, it all just came off! No makeup remover required!

What's left of my Blinc mascara (eww!) 
Sorry for the kinda gross picture, but I just wanted to show how the mascara really does come off in little tubes or threads.

Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer 
Last we have a foot buffer from Pedi-Scrub in Lavender-Tea Tree. One side is a scrubber, the other is a moisture bar and it's supposed to give your feet a great clean/massage.

The moisturizing side 
Buffing those tootsies! 
I actually really love this product; it does what it says it will - buff your feet and moisturize them well. And as it retails for only $2.99, it's a steal. My feet are often tired and sore and this made them feel smoother overall - the scrubber felt like a massage!

Good stuff to try in this month's box. Although I still don't know about the primer (I will try it again on a not so hot day and see if it still makes my makeup smudge) I will definitely use the mascara and buffer again and probably the lashes as well.

What do you think of this month's box?

11 comments:

  1. hiya love :) Im a new follower! This box looks really good! I think Im the only person in the beauty scene that isnt subscribed to a box haha I'll need to fix that ;) xox

    My Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta get on those beauty boxes, girl! ;) I'm checking out your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. LOL, I can't believe you actually have a picture with water in the tub! The mascara tubes look so cool! Now, I definitely have to try blinc mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my feet were pretty happy after all that pampering ;) The blinc is actually a really great product - you can get it on ebeauty I think.

      Delete
  3. Love all the actions shots in these pictures! Too cute!
    I would love the try that mascara.. looks interesting!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks! BB5 also had blinc eyeliner in the last box and that works the same way, just warm water and pressure and it's off. It's really neat!

      Delete
  4. OH my! I am really jealous.. i have been seeing tons of people who review their subscription boxes.. i really wish we have one here in the Philippines...

    ps. i found your blog through MUT. :) I followed you as well! :)
    i hope you can check out my blog too.

    -chel
    allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These beauty boxes are such a kick! Lots of fun to get surprises in the mail. Glossybox is actually quite the international company - maybe they'll come to the Philippines. Hope you do get to try one of these boxes as some point!

      Thanks for the follow; checking out your blog :)

      Delete
  5. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! i just got mine today - there was an issue with my account - and i only have three items! :( i am missing the bodyography primer. guess my review has to be delayed even longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man that sucks! I hope they send you extra products in your August box!

      Delete
    2. i already got my August box so that's not going to happen (except like many other people, there were a couple doubles... does that count then?)

      i've waited for a response for like 12 days now! i guess i'll wait until the long weekend is over before firing a third email.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)