About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, August 24, 2012

QVC New Beauty Test Tube - Third Quarter - July, August, September.

Eeek! Exciting news, my quarterly QVC New Beauty Test Tube came today!

Yay! Bright pink shipping box
The test tube
New Beauty Magazine
Product Guide
What's inside this quarter's test tube?

The goods.
Let's go through all the products...

Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream
I have heard such good things about this cream! This is a big sample - 0.5 oz (15 ml) and I hope it will last as the full size is 2 oz and retails for $94.00.

Ojon Restorative Conditioner and bliss lemon + sage body butter
I have used Ojon hair products before and I quite like them (especially the leave-in conditioner). The bliss body butter smells sooooo lemony-good! New Beauty sent a 2 oz (60 ml) sample of the Ojon conditioner (full size is 16 oz for $40) and a 1.7 oz (50 ml) sample of the bliss body butter (full size is 6.7 oz for $28).

Josie Maran Argan Oil; Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle pen; Mally high-shine liquid
lip color.
I finally got my hands on Josie Maran's Argan Oil! I have been wanting to try this stuff forever! The sample in the tube is .17 oz or 5 ml (full size is 1.7 oz and goes for $48). It smells fruity almost. Next is the eye spackle pen - to be used under makeup to prevent creasing and boost longevity. It has a brush applicator and you click the end to deposit the product on the brush. This is a full-sized product (0.074 oz or 2.2 ml) and retails for $22. I received it in the colour fair/light. Then we have Mally's liquid lip colour - this goes on like a gloss but is supposed to work as a primer, gloss, lipstick and liner in one (it also has a brush applicator). I believe this is full size as well (0.12 oz/3.5 g) and is in a lovely shade of pink (not sure of the name). It smells like strawberries! This product retails for $20.

Swatch of eye spackle and liquid lip colour
Swatch of the Mally gloss on lips
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer; philosophy love sweet love 3-in-1 shampoo, bath
and shower gel
Another item from my beauty wishlist! Finally I've got my hands on a sample of the Smashbox primer  - so happy it came in this tube! This sample is 0.5 oz (15 ml) and the full size is 1 oz and retails for $36. And last is philosophy's 3-in-1 shampoo, bath and shower gel - I really loved the Amazing Grace 3-in-1 I got in the last test tube so I will definitely use this. It smells like citrus to me, almost like grapefruit. This is a 1 oz (30 ml) sample; the full size (16 oz) retails for $22. The New Beauty product guide says the lowercase writing philosophy uses on all their products is meant to symbolize "the genuine curiosity and joy of childhood." Huh. Never knew that. 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this quarter's Test Tube. From the last shipment, my favorites were the Tarte lipsurgence, Mally shadow stick, Peter Thomas Roth gel cream and philosophy 3-in-1. I also love the magazine (which is a $9.95 value). I like how New Beauty has an assortment of higher-end products, and I am most excited for the Smashbox primer and the Argan oil in this shipment, as I've had my eye on those two for some time now. 

QVC New Beauty Test Tube's come in a single shipment or auto-delivery  (where QVC will automatically ship you a new tube every three months). The tube costs $29.96 plus shipping and taxes; for me in Canada it came out to $47.57 total (which is just a couple dollars more than a monthly Glossybox). QVC has a Canadian warehouse they ship from, so there were no duty charges. 

What do you think of this month's Test Tube?



10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted about this because I've wanted once and wasn't v able to sign up!! Yay!! I won't get this one though eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will get this one, as I signed up last quarter and I got the box they were advertising then. Yeah, it's cool that's there's two versions so at least we Canadians can get our hands on one of them!

      Delete
    2. I signed up! Can't wait to get it! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a great tube you will love that Smashbox primer I own it and adore it! I didn't know QVC even delivered to Canada! I am so behind the times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either until a few months ago when I got my first Test Tube. It's pretty cool that they have a Canadian warehouse too. When I first saw that primer, my jaw dropped. So happy to have a sample of it!

      Delete
    2. Sorry - meant to say a Canadian shipping address - not sure if it is a warehouse.

      Delete
  3. Wow, really great stuff! I love that Bliss body butter...I have gone through one full sized tube and have two other tubes on standby as we speak! The Smashbox primer is also one of those things on my wishlist! Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The test tube this quarter didn't get as great reviews as last quarter, but I'm not sure why - I'm pretty happy with this month as well. I haven't bought bliss before and it's in a great scent!

      Delete
  4. fantastic review! this box/tube contained a lot of great items - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! Overall this is one of my fave boxes.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)