About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Beauty Box Trades - join the fun!

So a few days ago I stumbled upon a Facebook group called Canada Beauty Box Trades. It's essentially a place for us Canadian girls to trade items from beauty boxes, or other beauty products. I've seen similar U.S. groups, but this is the first I've found for Canada. I think this is an excellent idea for anyone that subscribes to beauty boxes, because inevitably, you will receive items you either don't really want, or get duplicates of items you already have, or just have a whole whack of stuff you need to purge from your collection. You can trade in person or by mail.

I've already been able to trade my extra Ellis Faas lipstick from my BB5 box for a lovely assortment of Korean and French items:

Traded for Decleor Shine Control; Clarins BB cream; Elizabeth Arden Skin Balancing Lotion; Pure Smile Royal
Jelly Mask; Super BB cream.
Fun! It was like almost like getting a sample box! I was also able to trade duplicate sample sizes of my H20 eye cream, Cover FX primer, Smashbox primer (I do love Smashbox but I have another tube of it and so much other primer) pur minerals mascara and Stila BB cream for full size Seche products!

So if you haven't joined the group, come on over and start the swapping fun!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post!
    I'm def going to have to check that out!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely! More people means more awesome trades!

      Delete
  2. very nice! i have not shipped items before though - does it happen to cost a lot? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends if the envelope is more than 2 inches in width - if it is it can cost $8-12 to ship, if it's less then it's just a few dollars. So you might want to try trading small samples if you don't want shipping costs to get high or find people local to you and do a meet up.

      Delete
  3. That's such a great idea! One of the reasons I cancelled a bunch of my Beauty boxes was that I kept getting products I would NEVER / could not use!! I will definitely look into this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you can try trading all those samples - see what you get in return!

      Delete
  4. Oh cool! I knew I should have done something with my extra Ellisa Faas lip gloss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm hoping for more dupes in BB5 boxes - means more trades!

      Delete
  5. This is a pretty cool idea
    I have soooooo much product, I would love to do a swap in the future

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try posting a picture of all the items and a short description with each on the site, and see what others have to offer too!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)