About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, September 3, 2012

My favourites: Skinn cosmetics cleanser, exfoliator, primer

Occasionally I'd like to take the opportunity to share with you some of my beauty favourites - products that I've been using for awhile and that I really like! In this post, I'll be sharing three products from the Skinn Cosmetics line - cleanser, exfoliator and primer. I've been using various items from Skinn for years; their colour cosmetics are nice, but what I really like from this brand are their skin prep products.

Cleanser
Skinn's Olive and Enzyme Cleanser ($24) is amazing. I absolutely love the scent - it smells just like an orange creamsicle! It's supposed to be used just in the p.m. but I use it morning and night. It does not foam up, but is more like a cream and is cleansing as well as moisturizing. You can also leave it on for a few minutes as it doubles as a face mask. This is my second bottle and I only have about a quarter left in it.

Swatch - very creamy!
Exfoliator
The next product from Skinn that I love is their Derm-Appeal Microdermabrasion Treatment ($35). Again, I love the smell of this product - like fresh peppermint. It is also the most effective exfoliator I've found - so good that I can't really use it more than once a week; it's an excellent scrub. I rub this on, rinse and follow with mosturizer; my skin instantly feels smooth. 

Swatch - feels fresh!

Primer

Last is Skinn's Orchid Gel Mattifying Day Treatment Seal ($10, $18.50, $30 - depending on size). This is my favourite primer - it moisturizes but also cuts shine in the T-zone and works great under makeup. It has a very soft, cream-like consistency and when rubbed in is completely clear and matte (don't worry, you won't look like a certain purple dinosaur! ;)

Partially blended in
Completely blended in
I purchase my Skinn Cosmetics products from The Shopping Channel, but I've also linked directly to their website for each item. I am also really interested in trying their Plasma Flawless Finish - it's like a pressed powder, but does not use powder. I've heard mixed reviews so I want to try it for myself and see.

So those are just a few of my favourite products that I reach for on a regular basis. I'll be sure to show you more faves in future posts!


5 comments:

  1. The exfoliator looks great! I might need to try these products for myself!

    :) chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my Vasanti scrub too, but I find this is even more effective and that's why I only have to use it once a week!

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for something to buy with my TSC gift card and the scrub sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be harsh if you use it frequently, but once a week is good. Also, as I mentioned in the post, I moisturise immediately after - just use your favourite face cream.

      Delete
    2. Also, I've read that if you have sensitive skin, this scrub may be a bit too intense; I have dry skin and I only need to use a little bit (and I rub it in gently).

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)