About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, September 20, 2012

October Julep Maven box preview! *Update*

When I saw my Julep Maven preview email today, I was quite excited. Even though I was expecting a suede -chrome collection (previewed on the Julep summer tweet-up), when I saw these intense colours and crackle styles, I got a welcomed surprise instead!

American Beauty- Eloise (indigo blue cream); Sabrina (orange shimmer crackle); Quick Dry Polish drops
Boho Glam - Hermione (white cream crackle); Lisa (pebble grey cream); Quick Dry Polish drops
Bombshell - Ursula (black cream crackle); Keira (merlot cream); Quick Dry Polish drops
Classic with a Twist - Boris and Nicole (red-brown frost); Gwyneth (sheer clear pink); Quick Dry Polish drops
IT Girl - Glenda (silver crackle); Leslie (black/silver shimmer); Caroline (burgundy shimmer)
Ooh! I really like Eloise, Sabrina, Keira, Boris and Nicole, Leslie and Caroline. The polish drops sound neat too - I've been looking for a good quick dry topcoat. From looking at the comments of those that tried out the quick drops, I wonder how you get on the sneak peek list? For a look at swatches of these colours, check out Julep's Beauty Buzz.

The whole kit 'n caboodle. 
You can also get the whole collection - all eleven colours featured in the boxes and the quick dry drops for an additional $30 (on top of the monthly box fee of $19.99). They introduced this option last month and it looks like it was a hit!

Add-ons
Julep did something new this month with the add-ons, they included polish choices that aren't available in any of the style profiles. Kate, a white pearl colour that was launched in July boxes and Sofia - a new glow in the dark option! (The regular version of Sofia was around in March, I believe). You can add on up to three selections ($4.99 for polishes and $5.99 for the quick dry drops).

The October Maven box has some great colour choices! I love the crackle options and the product choice for this month and how they have a neat glow-in-the-dark shade as well (perfect for Halloween hijinks!) If you haven't signed up for Julep Maven and want to, consider using my referral link (first box is a penny, use code PENNY or MAVENINTRO at checkout).

What style profile are you? What shades have caught your attention? What do you think of the quick-dry drops? Would you get the whole collection? Any add-on's?

*Update* Julep just released another style profile pick for this month, if you don't like crackle nail polish:

Maven's Choice - Eloise, Lisa and Keira
This way you can try all these lovely fall creams (hold the crackle) ;)

*Another Update* Glow-in-the-dark Sofia just sold out as an add-on option. Popular month!

10 comments:

  1. normally I am classic with a twist - but I opted for bombshell this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous! Those colours will make a really striking fall mani :)

      Delete
  2. I opted for American Beauty because I wanted those Drying Drops, but hated my own Classic with a Twist option. I thought that being able to buy everything for $30 was a CRAZY good deal if you didn't have a lot of those colours! What are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up deciding on American Beauty too! I love that blue and do not have any orange crackle - the swatch of the two together look amazing! It's only $30 if you get the month free (say from referrals) otherwise it's $30 on top of the $19.99. Still a good deal though! I also added on Boris and Nicole (that colour just reminds me so much of fall - my favourite season) and glow-in-the-dark Sophia (it will be my first glow in the dark polish and perfect for Halloween!)

      Delete
  3. I caved when I saw the added Maven's Choice option.
    But added those drops.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so curious about those drops! I'm also considering adding on one more polish, maybe Gwyneth :) It's really good of them to listen to feedback and then come up with another option for subscribers, all in the same day!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know - I am sooo tempted too :)

      Delete
    2. I did end up getting them all. I like the glitter you got better, though. Oh..and I totally missed out on Sofia. BOO.

      Delete
    3. Wow! Looking forward to your post about this haul! If you are still looking for a glow-in-the-dark polish, check out Winners. I saw some there at this time of year.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)