About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September Glymm bag

I took the plunge and cancelled my Glymm subscription - this is my final bag. I might resubscribe in the future but it just wasn't cutting it for the past several months. Very small samples and products were included that I wouldn't always use. I miss the boxes and the amazing items I used to get many months ago (my full-size Cargo eyeliner was one of the best surprises, and of course the jellybeans :)

The Glymm box/bag
Glymm bag
It's the opposite of last month - a cream coloured quilted bag. Nice, but I think I prefer the black.

This month's loot
EVOLVh Organize Shampoo and Conditioner 
Honestly I've got a lot of shampoo and conditioner samples I'm still going through, so I wasn't thrilled when I saw these. But at least they are good sizes (59 mls) and they smell nice and fruity. The full size for both is 250 ml and goes for $24 (shampoo) and $25 (conditioner).

Villainess Whipped! Body Cream

This is a small sample (doesn't say the amount of product on the jar) but it is probably my favourite of the bag this month - it's a lovely thick body cream that smells like crème brulee (and has notes of cinnamon and nutmeg too!) Mmmmm. It is also not too expensive for the full size - $15.75 for 170 g. I love bakery scents so I'm happy to receive this.

La Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes
I've tried these La Fresh Wipes before. They are ok and do remove makeup - my favorite cleansing wipe is still Kaia Naturals though. 18 individual packs or 24 wipes in one big package (more environmentally-friendly) retails for $9.99.

Bentaberry Super Moisturizing face cream for girls
Lastly is another Bentaberry cream. I got a sample of this in my last Glymm bag, and I wasn't too crazy about it. I didn't like the scent and half of the bottle oozed out as soon as I opened it up! This is another 3 ml sample of a different type of their face cream; the full size is 30 ml and retails for $19.

Well that's all folks for Glymm. Just watch, I bet the bags get better every month now that I cancelled my subscription! I think that's part of the beauty lotto; if you don't play, you can't win a great month of beauty products. Trouble is, I haven't had much luck with Glymm for awhile. I guess we'll have to see how they pan out in the future. *I also wanted to mention, this was my very first beauty box subscription! So I'm sad to see it go :(


14 comments:

  1. Glymm was my first too! My last one is in October because like you said, the bags just weren't cutting it anymore. Oh well, we'll always have the jellybean containers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I'm glad they were glass; looked so classy and cute! It was hard to give up my first subscription but I had to let go of what I got in the past and what the service is now. I do hope they'll turn around though!

      Delete
  2. No fair! I only got 1 La Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes! I dislike how people get different boxes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the other unboxings I saw had two wipes - email them and see what they say.

      Delete
    2. I'm also not sure how I feel about new subscribers who purchased the yearly option getting a full size nail polish in every box. I'm glad that new subscribers will get a polish, but where does that leave the current and longtime subscribers? If anything, the polish should be a standard inclusion for all subscribers.

      Delete
    3. I agree..we get these piddly boxes and they'll get a full size polish with theirs.

      Delete
  3. Glymm was my first too, but I ended up cancelling it in favour of top box - which I am finally off the waitlist for and will be getting next month :)
    This doesn't look like the greatest glymm (bag) but at least you have so many other great subscriptions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You will love Topbox! Glad to hear it. True, there are just SO many subscription services - it's easy to shop around.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't think there was much variation between boxes this month, though I find with Glymm, there usually isn't, unless you opt for a Fragrance-free bag (and there's a fragrance sample that month) then they usually include a different item.

      Delete
  5. borrrring. It was my first as well. I haven't even RECEIVED mine yet.. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo. It should come soon, though! The body cream is really nice.

      Delete
  6. Glymm was my first subscription too! I found it hard to unsubscribe too even though I had been unhappy with it for months. Have to admit..I haven't seen a month yet where I was really upset I had unsubscribed. Plus.. you can always resubscribe if they decide to step up their game!

    P.s. I miss the jelly beans too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figure I always look at unboxings anyway so if they change their game plan then I might be back!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)