About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

* SPOILER* Loose Button Luxe Box - first seasonal (fall) box!

So exciting! My Loose Button Luxe Box Fall Edition came today - I've been so curious to see the new quarterly concept and what products would be inside. Read on if you want to see a sneak peek!

The shipping box is black and has "Members Only" printed on it.
The box is cream in colour, rectangular and is imprinted with the Loose Button logo
"Luxe Box" is imprinted in gold in the lid, and the product card comes in a cream envelope 

Now this box feels like a gift! The box itself is sturdy, kind of like the construction of a Glossybox, and the products are wrapped in a silky white cloth. 

The product card envelope is sealed with a personalized initial sticker. 

 Let's get to what's inside!

The goods! 
Paco Rabanne Lady Million
I was just "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" over the cute little bottle of Dot by Marc Jacobs I got in my August Topbox and now another cute little perfume bottle (a little "diamond")! This is a 5 ml sample, and I was really excited to see this as I have Paco Rabanne's Black XS for her, and saw an ad for this in several fashion magazines, and wondered what it smelled like. Very sophisticated, can't quite place the notes, but great for a night out!

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (black)
This is a full-size (0.2 g) product, and I'm very happy to receive this even though my friend Steph included one of these in the Birchbox/BeautyArmy haul. It's apparently her favourite liner and I love the 'pen' applicator. 

Kerastase Elixir Ultime 
This is a 5 ml sample, and according to the Loose Button card, an exclusive sample. I do like Kerastase products so will be trying this out.

blinc mascara!
OMG! Ever since I got that tiny sample of blinc in my BB5 box, I cannot get enough of their liner and mascara. Love, love, love. That's why even though this is a dupe for me, it's certainly welcomed! This is 4 g sample, same as in my Birchbox/BeautyArmy haul. 

B. Kamins Nia-Stem Serum 
I've heard great things about B. Kamins before, but have never tried their products. This is the launch of this eye cream and I received a 3 g sample. Looking forward to trying this out.

China Glaze Polish 
Woo-hoo! Full-size China Glaze polish from their "On Safari" collection (colour: Purr-fect Plum). One word: Awesome.

Loose Button Exfoliating Pad
Last, Loose Button sent this exfoliating pad in a little box with their logo. It has an elastic on the back, so it can be slipped on your hand (great pre-tanning).

Product card

So that's my first seasonal Luxe Box. This was an awesome box for me; I'm very pleased with all the products and am looking forward to digging in and using everything. I like the presentation and the range of sizes and products. I'll also be eagerly anticipating next season's box!

Luxe Box costs $26 + tax quarterly; as an existing Luxe Box member, I received this first box for $12 (what was the cost of the regular monthly sub - before they switched to a quarterly subscription.) Moving forward, these boxes will cost me $26 as mentioned.


32 comments:

  1. Thank you for the peak you are always the first one to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raced home from work to see mine. OMG, I love my first box, I got a couple of different items though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wasn't sure if they would do different boxes but I've looked at a few other unboxings and it looks like there's different versions out there. Looking forward to your post!

      Delete
  3. I thought I would get mine today but nope thanks for the sneak peek!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it comes soon for you! Looks like there's different versions.

      Delete
    2. I actually love that there are different variations, makes it more exciting:)

      Delete
    3. Yeah I actually prefer it, because you can look at unboxings but there is still an element of surprise when it comes to your own box.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got mine today ... it's different from yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your post - you got a pretty good Luxe Box too!

      Delete
  6. Not bad.. could be better.. would not pay $26 for the box too expensive..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yay! Post when you get it - hope it comes soon!

      Delete
  8. You box is so nice too. Which one you like the most ?
    Luxe fall box really amazing. I like their new box, size is good and very high quality. Excellent designed. It perfectly fit my mail box. Save my time to collect it. My box is some different from yours. I got full size BB cream from Mircelle, when I see it I scream; and China glaze, vichy's dark spot corrector in 5 packets each 1.5ml total 7.5ml, prada fragrance (excellent). benefits' eye primer, and KMs, and bonus exfoliating pad.... I love everything. Worth to wait and every penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably would have to be the blinc mascara. I love their products! Oooh, your Luxe Box sounds great - how cool to get a full size bb cream! How do you like the eye primer?

      Delete
    2. I like everything. The eye primer is so good since I want to try benefits' product and now I get it. You are absolutely right and I agree with you, prefer to have quarterly box more than monthly box, that we have the time to consume all products before receiving another ones. Don't waste anything :-D

      Delete
    3. I just find I use a lot more of my quarterly New Beauty test tube before the next one comes, so I'm sure it will be the same with this box. Right on for the primer!

      Delete
  9. Oooh, very exciting! Are you going to keep your subscription with Loose Button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely get the next box and see what's up from there. If they can keep the boxes like this then I'll be a happy camper. In some ways I actually prefer the quarterly format as then I get a chance to really use up and go through my samples.

      Delete
  10. I got the exact same box as you!
    I like it.. but I don't love it.. I thought there would be more full size products in it since we are waiting soo long for it! My mom ended up getting 3 full size samples! Not fair! haha

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did your mother get that was different?

      Delete
    2. My mom got full size- Nail Polish, Eye Liner and Lip Liner
      Other samples were exfoliating pad, hair serum, dark spot corrector

      Delete
  11. Wow your box was wildly different from mine. I think the only similar products we have is the face scrubber and the Kerastase hair spray. I got a Lancome eyeshadow quad + a Lancome mascara, as well as Vera Wang's Lovestruck - which I own, but it came in a cool portable form so bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great box - I have a tiny sample of Lovestruck - that's a great perfume. And an eyeshadow quad!! How cool!

      Delete
  12. omgaaaaaaaawd i am jealous!!!
    i got mine just now and you were the first one on my feed to post one up so i immediately came here. my box was alright but now that i see yours, yours is just amazing!!! my post is going to up in a few days.. i still have to catch up on my other boxes (i`m a bit of a keener and don`t like to do them out of order...hahaa) but the only thing we have the same is that exfoliating pad!
    i wish i had that china glaze, eyeko eyeliner and the blinc mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look for your post when it's up!

      Delete
  13. wow you got some really nice stuff!

    http://stellar-makeup.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. bah, I wasn't too happy with mine. :/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)