About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, September 13, 2012

*Spoiler* September Topbox!

YAY! Topbox time!

The shipping container (fits perfectly in my mailbox!)
The Topbox 
The goods!!!
Even though it's a smaller assortment than last month, I absolutely LOVE this month's box!

philosophy purity one-step facial cleanser
Awesome! I'm a huge fan of philosophy; I have the philosophy 3-in-1 shower/bath/hair gel in my travel bag and I love using it, so I'm going to put this in that bag too. The card says it will cleanse, tone and remove all makeup. This sample is 30 ml; the full size is $13 for 90 ml (not bad) or $26 for 240 ml.

M. Asam Perfect Teint
I have a M.Asam BB cream from a past Glymm box and really like it, so I'm excited to try the primer. This is a 5 ml sample; the full size is 50 ml and goes for $42 (but I have seen M.Asam products discounted at my local Winners, so if I like this I can pick it up there!)


benefit they're REAL! mascara
OMG!!!! I've been looking for a sample of this mascara FOREVER! At one point in the summer I was just going to crack and get the full size from Shoppers but I really did want to try it out first before I commit.(especially because the full size is $29). This is a 30 g sample - so cool! Thank you Topbox! :)

L'essence by Balenciaga Paris
A jumbo sized perfume sample - the product card says this is a "leathery violet fragrance" but it just smells like expensive to me! (If expensive can have a smell!) The scent does reflect the price though - $110 for 50 ml or $150 for 75 ml. This is a 4 ml sample, and will last me awhile. I can see myself wearing this scent on evenings out.

And on the back of the product card....a bonus!


I'm definitely going to redeem this!

I'm completely happy with my September Topbox as I'm thrilled with each of the products and love that there's a little bonus too! I think that the cost of the box ($10/month), value of the products each month, and that they're generally consistent in product quality from month to month has made Topbox my favourite Canadian monthly beauty box!

If you get Topbox, what did you get? What is your favourite item this month?

28 comments:

  1. I have this mascara! I love it!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such good things about it - so excited that it was in this box!

      Delete
  2. AMAZING! eek thanks for sharing cannot wait to get mine ! Smaller assortment but, a great small assortment!
    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I don't mind if the products are smaller, if they are really good than the box is completely worth it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I hope to get mine before the weekend :)
    http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get it soon! Checking out your blog :)

      Delete
  4. Very excited about the Benefit mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know what you meant by "expensive scent" lol. You got a great box this month! I'm getting my first box next month! Hope it will be as great as September's box! Great review btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! You're off the wait list! You'll love Topbox I'm sure. Yeah, I didn't know how else to describe this scent :)

      Delete
  6. I have always wanted to try that mascara! Thanks for sharing and please let us know how it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a comparison probably against my two favourites so far - Luscious Volumes masacara by Inspire Cosmetics and Hello Lashes by IT cosmetics.

      Delete
  7. This looks better than the first topbox I saw this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small assortment, but definitely great products!

      Delete
  8. Where is this winners?? For the M. Assan product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Winners I saw M.Asam at was at Yonge and Sheppard. I've seen it there every couple of months, though it tends to sell out quick!

      Delete
  9. I did not get the perfume sample as per my request on the survey they sent out in August- I love that they do that! I personally really dislike getting perfume samples, which I will never EVER use. I am glad that I got something in its place, even if it was just a couple of shampoo and conditioner packets :P I am currently using Purity Made Simple as my face wash and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - I am going to try out the philosophy today! Yeah, if you don't like getting perfume samples than it's definitely better that you got different items that you'll use.

      Delete
  10. I really hope I get the mascara too! I've been wanting to try it for ages! Impatiently waiting for my box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great box this month! Cannot wait to finally be off the wait list next month :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! You'll be so happy when next month rolls around and you see your Topbox in the mailbox :)

      Delete
  12. Got the same things! By the way the mascara is 3.0g, 30g would be like 3.5x the normal size. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Thanks for catching my mistake - that would be a HUGE mascara, eh? :)

      Delete
  13. I got the same box as you and I'm in love! Here is my review http://prettycanadianeh.blogspot.ca/ I'm glad you like everything too. I hope I can pick up the pouch before it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to get myself down to a Holts! Checking out your blog... :)

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)