About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Glymm Promo: Villainess Duo

While my monthly sub to Glymm has ended for now, I did take advantage of their recent Villainess promo. In my September Glymm bag a small jar of Villainess Whipped! body cream was included, and it was my favourite item in the bag. It smelt heavenly (all chocolate-cinnamon-vanilla-nutmeg goodness) and absorbed really nicely into my skin and hydrated all day. I especially love thicker body lotions come fall/winter. That's why when I saw the Glymm promo I thought it was a really good deal and took them up on the offer.

The Glymm promo email
Both the body cream (198 grams) and the matching sugar scrub (227 grams) for $22 all in!

The packaging kind of makes it look like a VHS cassette tape! lol :)
The scrub and lotion duo
Another view
Oh! The scent is quite fresh and as yummy as ever - it's actually a bit more potent in the scrub, and there'a a bit more spice to it. The scrub is supposed to be moisturizing after it's rinsed off, but as my skin is always so dry, I need a separate cream after cleaning anyway. With this combo the scent can easily be layered, so you can smell like a crème brulee all day!

If you love bakery scents this duo is a great pick - Glymm's promo is still up and running. I am glad I had a chance to try this out before I cancelled, as I probably wouldn't have taken advantage of this deal if I hadn't sampled the lotion. Maybe in future I will try out some of their other scents - I've got my eye on both the Ginger Snapped (Sugar and Cinnamon) and Krakatoa (Orange and Coconut)!

*Update* I was not prepared for just how un-freaking-believable the Villainess scrub was! It's actually warming - step into the shower, scoop some in your hands and rub them together - it immediately warms and feels so soothing. After you rinse, your body does feel immediately moisturized - even in the shower! This scrub is absolutely fantastic!

16 comments:

  1. mmm these sound amazing! I recently cancelled my glossybox sub too, and it was very bitter sweet but I was getting too many samples that I would never use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have way too many samples as well but I just couldnt resist signing back up for Glossy to get the September box!

      :)Chelsey

      Delete
    2. I know, when you already have lots of samples it's time to cut, though I was lusting over that NYX palette! Oh well.

      Delete
  2. I might have to use up the rest of my points and get this. I loved this cream it was my favourite thing of the box!

    :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even a better price with the points! :)

      Delete
  3. These sounds yummy! Did u use your pointsÉ
    I cancelled all my sbscrptn, so it always nice to see what ppl got & liked enough to purchase. Saving about $100 not buying in boxs & that $1200 in my bank account in a yr. It sure adds up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used up my points on my butter london/naked princess order. This was a good deal though, so I just thought I'd go for it. You're completely right, these boxes do add up - I don't notice as much on a monthly basis, but yearly it's like "Ouch!"

      Delete
    2. The price is actually was good for the items you got.
      I am tempted to purchase these myself, may just hint on this for Christmas. Love Body Products!

      Yes, it does add up over time.

      Though it was exciting to receive the box's each month.

      Delete
  4. i was tempted by this duo too but i read up on the other scents and omgawddd they sound heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's even more on their website that I didn't even know about! Don't know if they ship to Canada, though.

      Delete
  5. Aaannnd, the duo is happening for me now! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - I think this is my favorite Glymm promo yet!

      Delete
  6. gaaaah, i can't wait to try the scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab. Seriously one of the best scrubs I've tried!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I want this now.. sheesh. enabler.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)