About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, October 22, 2012

My favourites: Lip Balm

In the second instalment of My Favourites, I'd like to share with you my favourite lip balms. I am a lip product junkie and I find balms to be an essential base for lips! Especially when the weather is getting colder,  my lips need to always be moisturized so they don't chap and crack. The following lip balms I love because they are ultra-creamy, long-lasting and smell great!

Smith's Rosebud Salve, Lip Labz, Hurraw!, Gettin' Lippy
Let's start from the top down. I first found out about Smith's Rosebud Salve though my BB5 box. It has a fantastic rosy scent, and is ultra-glossy and moisturizing. This salve is also good for chapped hands and rough cuticles. It is a little miracle worker in a jar! I like this product so much, I bought another one for backup. You can get it at American Apparel or Sephora - it retails for around $7.

Then we have Lip Labz lip balm. I made this all-natural balm at the CNE this year, and flavoured it with peppermint patty scent! I've been reaching for this lip balm quite frequently - it's goes on really smooth and makes my lips so soft. I also love how you can create your own flavours! This balm retails for $3.99 - you can find out more about Lip Labz from my previous post.

Next is Hurraw! lip balm. I got the vanilla bean flavour (mmmmm, vanilla). Hurraw! is all-natural, vegan and tastes/smells amazing. It makes my lips feel buttery smooth. I've been using Hurraw! balms for years and it's a great product conscientious company. These balms retail for $3.79 - $4.29 and can be bought on their website.

Last is Gettin' Lippy, a company I found out about from one of my Sweet Delight Divalicious sample boxes. I got the balm flavoured in yellow bubble gum, purple wild berry, green asian pear (three sections). I have finished the bubble gum and am onto the wild berry scent. This is a great lipbalm for extreme moisturization. It goes on thick and is really great for those that great dry, chapped lips easily (like me) or in the wintertime when indoor heating make skin so dry and tight. I use this mainly at night and wake up with soft lips. This lipbalm can be bought direct from the company; it is priced at $3.50.

Those are my picks for favourite lip balms! Have you tried any of these? What brand of lip balm do you usually reach for?

9 comments:

  1. Great review.. I have only tried the Lip Labz.

    These are my fav's to name a few.. yes I am a etsy buyer.. lol
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryBlossom
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturesPurityBath
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/orangethyme?ref=seller_info
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/candlelynn
    http://www.etsy.com/people/OhYum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & http://marsbar35.blogspot.ca/2012/08/figs-rouge-ltd-100-organic-lipcare.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the recommendations! (I love etsy as well :)

      Delete
  2. I always have lip balm under my lipstick too. These are great favourites! I have yet to try the Gettin' Lippy lip balm, I should pull it out of my samples box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one especially if your lips tend to be on the drier side.

      Delete
  3. Smith's Rosebud Salve has been a beauty staple of mine since I was like 20! You never find my room or purse without one! I love using it over lip stains to give it a glossy look. And Yes, I have at least 2 backups in case they ever (for some odd reason) discontinue it. I love it so much! :) Can't you tell? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I didn't know about it until it came in my BB5 box - it is an amazing little product!

      Delete
  4. i haven't tried any of these lip balms yet! i've been hearing many good things about the rosebud salve so i'll have to pick some up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have it, it's in the beauty staple category!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)