About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Saturday, October 20, 2012

November Julep Maven box preview

November's Selection

Julep Maven has recently overhauled their website, and your choices for this month are under "My Maven Subscription" under your Profile. They have also implemented a new credit system - "Jules", which you can earn not just for referrals but for things like purchasing a monthly box (or upgrading to the whole set), and even on your birthday and Maven anniversary (mine's coming up in February!) For this month only, Julep is upgrading 900 Jules (instead of 300) to those who purchase the box. Jules can be redeemed for add-ons, boxes and even upgrades! Jules expire 2 years after earning them. All of this info and more can be found on the "Reward Program" link at the bottom of their website.

Here are you box selections for November! (Because of the way the new site displays the pictures, this is the largest I could make it without looking distorted).

November American Beauty 
American Beauty has Amber (gold-bronze suede) and Brit (graphite-silver suede) and a tub of Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting Body Butter with Shea.

November Boho Glam
Boho Glam has Nora (silver-aubergine suede) and Amber (golden-bronze suede same as American Beauty) and the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter.

November Bombshell
The Bombshell box has got Donna (peacock blue cream); Trina (dark aubergine shimmer) and the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter tub.

November Classic with a Twist
Classic with a Twist has got Brit (graphite silver suede - same as in American Beauty); Minka (copper-red suede) and the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter.

November IT Girl
IT Girl has Nora (silver aubergine suede - same as in Boho Glam); Hailee (Khaki green suede) and the Matte topcoat.

*Update* Maven's Choice Box: has Matte Top Coat, Trina (same as in Bombshell box) and the Pink Grapefruit body scrub, mitt and towel set.

Maven's Choice

November Maven Fall Wardrobe
Can't get enough of suedes? Upgrade to the whole collection ($30 extra) and get all the polish selections from all the boxes this month, plus the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter AND the Pink Sugar scrub that includes towel and mitt.

Picked a box but want to add-on? You can still add up to 3 extras - polish selections are $4.99 each, the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter is $7.99 and the Pink Sugar Scrub with towel and mitt is $12.99. Besides the suedes from November's selection, they have a few additional polishes you can add-on that is currently not in any box - Diane (dark green cream); Fast Dry Topcoat; Demi (a raspberry cream) and Meryl (grey cream). The links are just to show you the colour - to select any of these for the add-on price it has to be done from your Maven profile page. I guess they wanted to give people choices of cream finishes if they weren't totally feeling the suedes.

I have been wondering when they were going to roll out this suede collection ever since the sneak peek back in the summer months. Now that it's here, I haven't yet made up my mind, but I'm initially gravitating to either the IT Girl or Bombshell - I do like purple (aubergine was actually the colour I had my bridesmaids wear - it was super-close to Trina in the Bombshell box). Yet the Bombshell box doesn't actually have suedes in it. Figures! If I get that I may do some add-ons.

Have any of these polishes caught your eye? What do you think of the suede collection overall? The Pink Grapefruit Body Butter/Scrub?

If you'd like to sign up to be a Maven, consider using my referral link. Or if you'd rather not use the referral, click here instead.

*Update* I found swatches (thanks MakeupTalk!) Top swatches look like they have topcoat on.

American Beauty

Boho Glam

Bombshell

Classic with a Twist

IT Girl

8 comments:

  1. Yeah... I'll probably get them all. Damn julep for giving us that option!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just so crafty! All the options and and the 3x points this month too. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Maven's Choice, as Trina is my favourite colour this month, and I can make it matte with the topcoat too!

      Delete
    2. GRRR...I selected to get the whole selection and noticed I was just charged the 19.99..so I don't even know what I'm getting. I posted on their wall (as well as emailing them) and apparently other girls had this problem...hope they can sort it out before it gets shipped.

      Delete
    3. I heard many girls on Julep's fb page complaining about this...so they've definitely got some kinks in the system to work out. Hope you get the whole shipment as you requested!

      Delete
  2. Those look so awesome!! Thinking of signing up for the first box for a penny deal just to get there! :\ hmmmmmmmmm

    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color swatches look lovely! Unfortunately I'm not subscribed to any type of subscription box but I'm always so tempted. There's just too many to decide and I'm afraid of being disappointed, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a little addiction, these subs! There is definitely the potential for disappointment - but I found reading other's blog reviews helps a lot. Also, if you go month-to-month and don't like it, you can cancel quickly.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)