About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sampler Village Goblin Goodies September box

Gosh! I haven't gotten a Sampler Village box for awhile now. But I saw that they were doing a promotion for their September box in their Craft Cafe shop (I guess to make room for their October box) and the Charmingly Samplicious box was on sale for $15 (plus $10 shipping to Canada). It's usually $25 + shipping and it's nice to get a discount so I thought I'd check out Sampler Village again and see what's up!

So pretty!
Opening the box
Whoa - lots of goodies!
Paper goods
I actually really like these items - the designs are so cute! From L to R: Greeting card by The Smiling Mailbox; Cupcake Topper by Marilee Jane Designs; Bookmark by Neat Things Boutique (this immediately went into my book club read of the month); Halloween print by Terra Bidlespacher Fantasy Art (she is really talented).

Soaps, soaps and more soaps!
Although many of these are small soap samples (which I'm not a huge fan of) all the soaps smell really good, so I know they will be used. From L to R: Witcharoons Soap by Soapery Sweet; Cauldron soap by Starlet and Juliet (the mayor of the box this month - and this soap smells AMAZING); Midnight Monsoon sample by Desert Rose Botanicals; Fresh Aroma flower shaped soap by Soap Much Love; Capri Olive sample by Terrace Garden Soap Co.; Tea Tree soap sample by Bubbles Bath Boutique; Fleur-de-lis sample by Bath-a-Licious.

Wax Melts, scents galore!
For some reason, tarts seem to be my favourite in the handmade sampler boxes. I especially love fall-related scents. From L to R: A neat-o candle from Joie Joelle Creations - it is an intentions candle. You are supposed to light the candle, visualize issues you are having and ask the universe to help create positive intentions instead. A bit out there, but it smells really nice! Pumpkin and candy corn melts from The Gingerbread Cupboard (already used these, smells delish!). Passionate Kisses soy wax tart from one of my favourite handmade sellers - BKD Signature. Below that, a fresh fruit slices melt from Aunt Nena's Candles and Things. And a lovelly Spiced Apple melt from Michelle's This and That - already used it and it smells just like apple cider - yum!

Funky clips and keychain!
Such fun little clips! From L to R: a spider barrette from Little One Treasures; a sweet little apple clip from My Little Nest (I know these are for kids but I think they'll dress up my Halloween costume pretty nicely!); a Halloween flair-for-your-hair clip from Funky Eco Chick; a pretty flower clip from Marsbar35 Jewellery and more; and a cute little keychain from Armychic4lyfe.

If I count everything up, I got 21 samples! That's pretty good, especially since they guarantee 15-18 samples per box. I'm actually really liking this box; it's getting me into the Halloween mood! Sampler Village's next box is Make Mine Pink; it's out Oct. 21 and 10% of that boxes processes goes to breast cancer research.

5 comments:

  1. Your box is almost the same as mine. Very nice. I can't wait till Nov/Dec Christmas box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the hair clip! Really cute! I have to say I was quite happy with this box overall.

      Delete
    2. hehe - Thanks - I was happy also with mine.

      Delete
  2. We got almost a similar box. I ordered it when it was the original price because I didn't realize that afterwards they cut the prices on whats left over I guess. I am happy with my box though so its good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one I ordered back in March was for full price. But yeah, sometimes on their Craft Cafe site, if they have extras, they discount it by $5-10. It's nice to save on shipping!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)