About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, October 1, 2012

September Loot Crate - geek chic gear

Loot Crate is a new sample box devoted to geek chic swag and gamer gear. It sounded really fun, so I thought I'd check it out! (Their slogan is "Life is Short. Geek out More"). They have a variety of subscription options - monthly ($13.37), quarterly ($12.37 x 3) and semi-annually ($11.67 x 6), shipping is extra for each box ($6). When I subscribed they were open to Canada, but they changed recently and are now US-only. So this is my one and only box from them for now.


How I received the package
What the package was wrapped in
So something happened to this package in transit :(  I haven't had a parcel damaged in a long time, but I guess it happens from time to time. Thankfully, all the items in my Loot Crate were still intact.

The loot
Woah! This stuff is super-cool!


This month's box is called "8-bit" and it celebrates all things 80's! (My favourite!)

From L to R: Mario bendable moustache (my husband called dibs on this for Halloween!)

On top is a Mr. T art card (too funny).

Right beside it is a Mario Bros. mushroom button and a 20-sided die ("Any dungeon master worth his weight in geldings goes nowhere without his twenty-sided die"). Extra points if you know where that quote is from! ;)

Beside that is a tin of mints in a Zelda shield case and a Loot Crate sticker.

And below is a Mario Power Up Energy Drink (according to the product card it equals one super mushroom!) There's also Nuclear Energy Power candy crystals in Raspberry Lemonade.

The coolest item for me in the box is the pixelated 8-bit sunglasses. These are actually really well constructed, feels quite sturdy and have UV protection. Plus, they just look awesome (like I've been instantly thrown into the game).

Overall I think this is a fun box - this month's took me back to my childhood for sure (playing all that Mario on my NES). It's too bad they won't ship to Canada anymore, but they might again in the future. To my U.S. geek chic gamers...you can't go wrong with this box!


20 comments:

  1. I want those sunglasses! I saw them for sale one some site, forget where it was now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another commenter put a link below of where they sell those glasses.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is interesting. I was actually talking to a friend about the post office and it seems like any box that has electronics in it always mysteriously gets damaged.So that very well could have been the reason your box was so "banged" up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird! I wonder why this happens - at least only the outer shipping container was damaged and not any of the items inside!

      Delete
  3. You can buy the sunglasses with free shipping here: http://surplus.lootcrate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - I really like the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too cute - and really well made to boot!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is a neat box; definitely different than all my other beauty sub boxes :)

      Delete
  6. this is super cute! the idea is awesome so it is too bad they are not shipping to canada anymore. i want those pixel sunglasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might ship again in future, keep your eyes peeled!

      Delete
  7. what an awesome box!! maybe it's a good thing they're no longer shipping to canada because i'd be so tempted haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sampler boxes are getting out of control! But it's such a neat concept.

      Delete
  8. Wow geeze..this looks so fun! What a bummer they won't be shipping to Canada anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might in future. I remember some U.S. boxes initially pulling out of Canada and then working out the shipping - I think spicy subscriptions is one that did that.

      Delete
  9. Spicy Subscriptions - that's a funny one...because it's actually a Canadian service. lol. It's just that shipping within Canada is redic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I was sure it was US-based after reading the initial shipping problems it had. My bad.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)