About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Saturday, October 13, 2012

*SPOILER* October Topbox

The October Topbox is here. Read on if you want a peek!

The Topbox

The loot this month
Hmmm. Didn't wow me right out of the box; let's take a closer look.

Masker Aide Facial Sheet Mask
This is a one-use but apparently full-size ($4.99 value) face mask; it's a sheet infused with peppermint oil, aloe, argan oil, honey... (etc, etc) and it says it will "refresh and replenish" skin after "all night studying or all night partying". It does look neat, but $4.99 is slightly expensive for one mask. The product card said it will be available on their website for purchase starting Oct. 22. Canadian Beauty Reviews has a post on all this company and their various masks.

Aveda Invati Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a solution mini-set for thinning hair. It claims to make hair thicker and full and reduce hair loss by 33%. I do have fine hair, but I don't notice it thinning. It also has a strange, off-lemony smell that slightly annoys my nose. For 10 ml each tube, I don't know if there is enough product here to tell if it works. Has anyone tried this before? Interesting concept though. The full size retails for $27 (200ml) which is WAY more than I like to spend on shampoo.

Hair treatment offer
The back of the product card is a complimentary botanical therapy hair treatment with purchase of a hair cut of shampoo style at participating Aveda salons. It expires at the end of the year. I *might* check this out, not sure yet.

Stila in the garden eyeshadow palette
Close-up of colours

This is a one-time use stila shadow palette that gives instructions on how to create two eye looks. The full size retails for $50 (14 g). I know it's stila, but I'm not a huge fan of this sample; I will get to create two eye looks and then be expected to buy the full-size. No matter how good it is, I am probably not going to spend $50 on a palette that I will have tried twice, when I have palettes from Coastal Scents and Red Ginger that I use regularly and love. It'll be fun trying it out though.

stila prime pot
This is a stila eyeshadow primer, and a pretty good size too (2 ml - close to the full size of 3.3 ml which retails for $26). I am LOVING my Starlooks eye primer from the September box - it is so fantastic, all day wear without any creasing whatsoever, so I'll compare this stila primer to it and see how it stacks up!

And that's my October Topbox. Overall, I'm not as thrilled as other months, but that's just how the cookie crumbles I guess!

What did you get in your Topbox? Thoughts?



20 comments:

  1. Looks like a good box but compared to some other months it doesnt look that great. Hopefully next month is better for you. I am anxiously awaiting my invite from TopBox!

    :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you get that invite soon! Overall it's a fun subscription :)

      Delete
  2. I am most excited to try Maskeraide because I was just about to place on order for some when I saw them popping up in the Topboxes! The Stila eye shadow sample is kind of ho hum for me as well...I just realized that the Sephora order I just placed as three of these cards (each of their palettes) so I'm guess I'm going to have some duplicates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok to have dupes if they're good (that's what I tell myself with all my blinc products ;) Did you get the cards as samples added on to your order?

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh I wish I would get off that waiting list already

    grr
    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it takes quite a bit of time. How long have you been on the list?

      Delete
  4. I wish the Stila sample card was added as a bonus instead of a "deluxe" sample. I do hope I get the Prime Pot though and the Maskeraide looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! As a bonus item it would have been much better.

      Delete
  5. My topbox should be coming some time this week, can't wait! That mask sounds really cool (no pun intended lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask and the primer were definitely the favourites for me in this box.

      Delete
  6. i wasn't too excited about this month's topbox... i agree that i am loving my starlooks primer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. like everyone else, not ecstatic about this box but it's ok i guess
    i am happiest about the stila prime pot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does work really well - almost as good as the Starlooks primer.

      Delete
  8. It was my first month and I was meh about it. The stila sample palette I received was the purple one, which I already have. I didn't get the primer, I received the vasanti face brightner which is the most exciting thing in the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vasanti is awesome! Hope you liked it too!

      Delete
  9. Amazing review, girl! I am in the same boat as you- this box wasn't really that great, especially compared to past months. It could be worse, however! It is certainly still better than Glymm in my eyes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I am usually satisfied with Topbox, compared to Glymm, maybe every fourth box I really liked.

      Delete
  10. Great review of your box! My frist topbox didn't really blow me away, but it wasn't horrible. The Stila prime pot looks awesome, I am interested in how it works out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Stila prime pot worked better than I expected. Held the shadow in place all day, no creases. I just wish it was clear (just personal preference I guess).

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)