About Me

My Photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, November 23, 2012

ipsy (myglam) First Canadian Bag!

A few days ago, my first ipsy bag arrived in the mail. ipsy used to be called myglam, and it was only available in the U.S. - until now! October 30 they opened up Canadian registrations and I signed up that day. This is really exciting as I watched myglam unboxings on blogs and YouTube and hoped that they would come over to Canada one day. That day has arrived!

The big pink mailing envelope
ipsy costs $10/month, shipping is free in the U.S. but is an extra $4.95 for Canadians. Since my QVC testtube was cancelled (QVC is no longer shipping to Canada) this is another good option.

The Glam Bag
Each month comes in a reusable bag (I think this might be where Glymm got the idea from)

Product card
inside November's Glam bag

eclos Anti-Aging Regenerative Cream
This cream contains high potency plant stem cells which is supposed to slow the signs of aging. It smells light and fresh, kind of like lemons. I don't mind this product at all as I like trying out new face creams. It is not on the product card since I think this was a item included as a replacement for the BareMinerals Moxie gloss.

Starlet eyeliner
Full size Starlet cosmetics eye pencil in Chocolate. I actually use my brown liner pencils just as much as black, as since I got a black MUFE liner in my Topbox, I'm glad to receive a different colour in this glam bag.

nailtini nail lacquer in Millionaire 
This is probably my favourite item in the bag - full size nailtini polish. Millionaire is from their new Speakeasy collection - I think this polish is so unique and fun! tinibeauty also lets you customize your polish and lipgloss! This retails on their site for $13!

benefit's they're Real! mascara
This is now one of my favourite mascaras so I totally welcome this sample! (see my swatch and review of it here).

theBalm eyeshadow
You know, I was in Sephora today and asked one of the associates about theBalm and she said she never heard of this company and then directed me towards the lip balms. I mean come on! This is a sweet little dark purple eyeshadow - would look excellent with the aforementioned MUFA eyeliner!

Special product offers
The product card does not have much by way of description of the items included in the bag or retail prices, but they do offer some sweet discounts!

Note to Canadian subscribers
What was my bonus item?

myglam pouch and makeup brush
I've seen this in previous month's unboxings, hopefully they continue to send a brush a month so I can get the set!

One more thing...

JustFab coupon
ipsy also included a $20 justfab coupon, but this is only for new members. I'm already a justfab member, and let me tell you, do they ever have amazing shoes, purses and accessories. If you'd like to join, send me a message and I'll send you the code. Also consider using my referral link :)  The card expires Dec. 7, 2012.

So overall I'm quite impressed with this first ipsy bag. Great makeup items, a nice cream to try and a super fun polish! Hope they can keep this up.

If you'd like to subscribe to ipsy, you can do so here (not a referal link).

12 comments:

  1. whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.........she works at Sephora and she didn't know what the Balm was?!
    Call me a make-up snob, but come on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, I'm with Gen on this one, are you kidding me? I would think that once you go through at least a year of makeup school that you get to know ALL the brands out there! theBalm is one of the bigger ones too with some cult favourites!

      Delete
    2. I know it was really weird! She made me spell it and it still didn't click...and then she looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Oh well. It was supposed to be a present for a friend :(

      Delete
  2. That nailpolish looks amazing! I think this is a pretty good first box!
    I didn't get a subscription but maybe I'll need to!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also always post spoilers on their facebook page (which is under myglam). I think though in order to get the next month's bag you have to sign up at the end of the current month.

      Delete
  3. Canada just can't beat the us beauty box's. You get way more for your $ there. Great box - :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More competition does mean certain Canadian boxes need to step up their game!

      Delete
  4. What a great bag! I didn't know ipsy shipped to Canada. Can't wait to see a couple more from you before I decide if I will add another subscription to my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Nice to hear from you :) Yeah, definitely, wait a bit, see if it's for you.

      Delete
  5. Please post the code for judt fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized it's visible in the picture I took of the card: IPSYNOV20. I love their shoes and bags - really fun items for a great price!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)