About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, November 26, 2012

Mini Black Friday Haul

I took the opportunity on Black Friday to get some of my Christmas shopping done. Now that Canada gets in on the sales, I zipped over to the mall to see what they had. I ended up making a dent in the Christmas list, and picked up just a few things for myself along the way. This post will only cover what I got myself, as I don't want to ruin any gift surprises!

The mini-haul
Bath and Body Works fragrance, lotion and shower gel

First, Bath and Body Works had their buy 3 get 3 free promo running, so I bought some gifts and picked up these three items for me for free! Twisted Peppermint is peppermint and creamy vanilla swirled together and it smells SO. GOOD. Like a Christmas candy cane :) I also like layering scents and I can do this with the shower gel, lotion and then fragrance spray.

Sleep Mask
Have I ever mentioned how much I love sleep masks? I find they help me settle into a deep sleep faster and I stay asleep without waking up numerous times in the night. They block out any light pollution coming in from streetlamps (or the neighbour across the way) and are very comfortable. I just find that every 6 months or so the elastic gets a bit too loose, but at $4.00 a pop - this is a much more economical alternative than a sleeping pill! I got this mask at Old Navy.

essence Twilight makeup collection
I was also at Shoppers and in their cosmetics aisle they had a Twilight-inspired makeup display by the brand essence. The products in the collection ranged from around $2-5 each (cheap thrill, eh?), so I picked up a blush (Renesmee Red), shimmer powder (Bella's Secret) and lipgloss (Renesmee Red).

Swatch of shimmer powder and blush
I've used all 3 products - the shimmer powder is really lovely and great for highlighting; I like to use it with my big fat brush just to finish off my look. For the blush, all you need is a dab and blended in it gives cheeks a nice flush.

Swatch of the gloss
The lipgloss gives lips a nice hint of red (and is super shiny!) Nice for when I want to wear red (and not have it as dark as my lipsticks). This would also be a good layering gloss.

Not too bad; I got myself a few nice things without overstepping my budget. (And on Black Friday, as on Boxing Day, there are so many good deals that this can be hard to do!)

Did you do any Black Friday shopping? What about Cyber Monday?


14 comments:

  1. love your blog! Saw it on Beauty Blog Hop. Following GFC :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks so much! You've got a great blog as well :)

      Delete
  2. i bought the shimmer powder last week and now i also want the blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice shade - and you only need a tiny bit to achieve a good colour.

      Delete
  3. I love Twisted Peppermint! I got the candle and the hand sanitizer and I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went around that store smelling everything twice - they have such nice scents and I love their whole holiday line.

      Delete
  4. Awww I love the little face mask! Its soo cute.. I have never worn a face mask for sleeping before..

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it really helps me fall asleep and stay asleep - I definitely get better sleep when I use it.

      Delete
  5. Twisted Peppermint is A-MAZING! I have to load up on Twisted Peppermint stuff before Xmas is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree to that. They will probably have a good deal Boxing Day/week.

      Delete
  6. I ended up picking up the blush and a few other things..they didn't have the shimmer powder though. BOOHOO! I almost got the gloss but wasn't sure about the chunky glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter isn't that noticeable on lips - just more of the red tint. What other things did you get from that line?

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous you got the shimmer powder. I looked all over and could not find one thing from this collection :( lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I found this in one Shoppers Drug Mart, I've been unable to find it in others - what's up with that!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)