About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

*SPOILER* November Topbox

My November Topbox arrived today, who'd like a spoiler?



This month's box for me
China Glaze Elephant Walk
This is a full size bottle of China Glaze's Elephant Walk, from their On Safari collection. It's a muted green-grey; I appreciate that Topbox sent a full size polish (retail $7) but unfortunately I find this colour a bit dull. Anyone swatched it before? Does it look better on fingers then in the bottle?

Roberto Cavalli mini perfume
This is a cute mini-bottle of Roberto Cavalli perfume - the card says it "embodies glamour, femininity and sexiness". It's ok, the scent reminds me of an Oscar de la Renta perfume I used to have (full size $80 for 50 ml or $105 for 75 ml). Can't really distinguish any notes - just kind of smells light and feminine.

Cuccio Naturale butter
A cute, purse-sized cream! This Cuccio Naturale butter blend will be sold on the Topbox website ($18.95 for 240g). The card says it has 10 times the moisturizing power of lotion. If that's so, this sample is especially welcomed as my hands get so dry and chapped during the winter.

Make up for Ever Aqua Eyes liner 
This is probably my favourite product in the box, a mini Make up for Ever waterproof eyeliner (full size retails for $20). The card also says that it can double as an eyeshadow, but I don't think I'll be using this sample of jet black all over my eyes any time soon. I'll stick with it as a liner, thanks.

So, even though I like the last two items, I'm not especially thrilled with the first two, especially since I saw in other spoilers that some people received Pandora's Makeup Box new polish and perfume combo - full size! I was SO wanting that (as I am a huge Pandora fan) so when I opened this box it was immediately a bit of a letdown...oh well. Overall it's not a bad box, especially if you're not anxiously hoping for a certain product!

If you are interested in getting Topbox, you can get on the waitlist here. For gifts, there's also a men's Holiday edition Topbox coming up (one-time shipment in December) you can check that out here.

*BTW, If you haven't entered my Starlooks contest, there's a few more days left!*

41 comments:

  1. what box number did you have? I'm so curious what I'm going to receive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure mine was #17. There's quite a bit of variation this month!

      Delete
  2. OH WOW! I cannot wait to receive my box tomorrow!
    Looks amazing.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better than last month's for sure! Looking forward to your blog post when you get it!

      Delete
  3. I really like how big the roberto cavalli perfume is! And the makeup forever eyeliner looks great your lucky to get that! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like how Topbox always sends decent sized perfumes! I'm definitely giving that liner a try tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. omg you are so lucky to receive the mufe eyeliner! I rather receive that than the pandora's makeup box nail polish and perfume! by the way, what version was your box?

    simplythesimple.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Box 17. I had just heard about the launch of the Pandora duo and was intrigued about that - but definitely, I am glad to have received the liner. It will be interesting watching all the unboxings as there seems to be several versions this time around.

      Delete
  5. Wow, pretty nice box. Can't wait to get my first box tomorrow. Hopefully mine will be as good as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had received box 17 :(. *sigh* I received 22, and overall I'm only happy with 2 of the 4 products.

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/2012/11/topbox-november-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I do think the China Glaze colour you got is pretty awesome though!

      Delete
  7. i got that nailpolish in box 5 today. I really liked it in the bottle, did my nails, it's gross (to me) on my nails, like kermy the frog green, makees my skin colour look green, kinda makes me want to barf when i look at it. lol. Everything else in my box was the same except the liner, I got benefit mini mascara "they're real" or something. :)

    it was my first box and I wont use anything but the mini mascara, but will give it another chance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're real mascara is awesome - you will definitely like that! Barf, eh? Lol - yeah, I kind of had a feeling about this shade...I just remember there was a similar OPI colour I tried last year and it didn't look too great on.

      Delete
  8. Huh I didn't even know there were box numbers?! How did I not know that? Haven't got mine yet but I'm on the east coast, hoping it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The number should be at the top when you open up your Canada post tracking info. There is apparently over 20, so I'm really interested to see all the variation.

      Delete
    2. I got 17 as well :) Wish the polish wasn't grey though, I always put that I want bold/bright colours so I don't get why grey is what they sent me lol.

      Delete
  9. I would want the Pandora nail polish duo too I'm waiting for it to be available on the website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get it!!! I think it is available now on the site...but I will wait for reviews first. Too bad I couldn't have tested it out!

      Delete
  10. Pretty nice box, I agree that it isn't the best polish color though! The MUFE liner is my favorite (other than my liquid), so that was really awesome to get! Hopefully I get off the waiting list soon, feel like I've been on it forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the waitlist for 6 months - you'll get there, I promise!

      Delete
    2. Valerie let me see if I can transfer my invite. I accidently signed up with my regular email and I already have a sub.

      Delete
  11. I got the same box. But different nail polish color. Got more of a dark purple. I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems they were rotating through the On Safari collection for this box. Purple is one of my favourites - I'm currently rocking Trina from Julep - a really gorgeous dark purple.

      Delete
  12. I just got my Topbox as well! Haha, the nail color you got as not as funky as mine :P. I got a dark blue/green color. Hope you are enjoying your box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I received box 1 and got the perfume/nail polish duo. While the nail polish is a nice colour, the perfume smells horrible. Like old women. So you aren't missing out much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What colour duo did you receive?

      Delete
    2. It was the coral/ orange-ish red. The perfume is going to the trash!

      Delete
    3. Oh no! Too bad that didn't work out :(

      Delete
  14. I'm so jealous of your box! I think mine is version 2 and overall it's good (pandora nail & perfume, cuccio body butter and benefit they're real mascara). But I've already tried the mascara and have 3 samples of the lying around the house. I've always wanted to try the mufe eyeliner and the polish colour is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to look at this polish in a new light! I think your topbox sounds pretty good as well :)

      Delete
  15. I really like that nail polish color. I got it in my loosebutton box and at first glance was not impressed, but it goes on a nice grey/blue...really nice this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Now I'm intrigued - I thought it looked kinda meh but I might give it a go!

      Delete
  16. I have it from a previous luxebox. I haven't tried it yet but can swatch it for you. I pretty much felt the same way as you... booorrrring. Along with my whole boring fall luxe box. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah and just got the shipping notification for luxe. We'll see what happens in December (hopefully you'll get an awesome box to make up for the fall one).

      Delete
  17. I saw the Pandora duo and got a little green eyed too! I got box 8, which was basically the same except instead of the eyeliner I received a sample of They're Real! mascara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great mascara; I'm still using mine from a previous Topbox ;)

      Delete
  18. whaaaaat pandora item? i didnt see anybody's post on that yet. i got some tiny B. Kamins samples instead of your awesome MUFE eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people got a Pandora polish and perfume set - there's a facebook group that has beauty box spoilers and I know I saw it on there.

      Delete
  19. I got the same box except "I Herd That" as the polish. Love that we got a MUFE liner!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)