About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Julep Maven December Box

FINALLY! Julep has been a bit slow in the shipping department, with all the Maven boxes, Secret store orders, Oprah boxes and 12 days of gifting deals they had running...but I'm just glad my December Maven box has arrived.


Holiday Nail Wardrobe
I ended up getting the Holiday Nail Wardrobe instead of my IT girl profile, and as soon as I opened the box, I was glad I chose this option.

Wow! Such a fun box!
The Holiday Nail Wardrobe came with the warming foot scrub, all the December Maven holiday colours, the Cabochon ring and a little peppermint candy!

Gorgeous shades!

These colours are just STUNNING. I actually love every single one of them - and I don't know which one to try first.

From L to R: Patti, Hilary, Jordan

From L to R: Scarlett, Cindy (I just love this green!)
Barbara

From L to R: Julia, Harper, Petra

From L to R: Ivy, Vivien (looks like
champagne bubbles!)
Instant Warming Foot Scrub
I'm really looking forward to using this scrub - especially as we move into winter, a warming cream is much appreciated (my feet are always so cold!)

Polish remover pads
Whoops! Forgot to mention that Julep also included 5 of their polish remover pads with this box - good thing too, because I like to use these when removing glitter/shimmer polishes (which this box is full of).

Even though I just loved the July Maven box and couldn't get enough of the October Maven box, this December box has now moved into my favourite Maven box yet from Julep. The colours are just so multidimensional  sparkly and festive (and there's honestly not one from this month that I don't like). Furthermore, I love the little extras they throw in, and from the colours to the ring to the candy, it just strikes me as a holiday box. This strikes me as a good thing, as a company they are continuing to impress me. Looking forward to seeing what Julep will do in 2013!

What colour(s) are your favourite this month? What Maven box did you get? Did you take advantage of any of their pre-Christmas deals? Also, what colour(s) should I make my Cabochon ring?

If you'd like to join Julep Maven, consider using my referral link. If you'd rather not use my link, sign up here instead. Use code PENNY2012 to get your first box for 1 cent!

17 comments:

  1. I ordered this box too (along with 3 other add ons because I needed THOSE glitters that weren't included lol), can't wait to get mine..I'm really excited after seeing your box! They just look so much better in a photograph then on their site..you don't get a good feel for the true prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Amazing in person! What add-on's did you end up getting?

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful December box - Lucky :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get much better at removing glitter polishes after this box!

      Delete
    2. I love glitter nail polish & I use Skinfood Nail remover, its the best I have ever used though alittle more pricier than regular remover. Cost around $9.00 - 100% worth it

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous collection of colours eh?

      Delete
  4. Nail polish overload!! They look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with this month - it was just too hard to decide on an individual box so the whole collection it had to be!

      Delete
  5. I ordered the same, plus many add-ons. Haven't received anything yet, but after seeing your review I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, what add-on's did you choose? Any of the polish sets?

      Delete
  6. ahhhh i agree with you! i would've ordered the whole thing too if i could!!
    they're all so gorgeous!!! have you decided on which one to use first yet? hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet - I will probably do a mani tonight and am leaning towards Cindy but we'll see. Maybe an accent nail too? Not sure!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad I got the whole collection too. They're so gorgeous right? I thought I didn't like glitter polish, but this changed my mind. Scarlett applies flawlessly. I love the color Harper, but you need multiple coats and it chips really easily because of that. Vivian looks really good on top of silver haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose Scarlett and Harper too! I agree, Scarlett applies so nicely and it's a stunner. I do like how once I put topcoat over Harper, my nail is smooth, not bumpy like other glitter polishes. I'll see how long this mani lasts!

      Delete
  8. Is anyone finding lately the Julep nail polish as just not quite up to par? I used base coat top polish colour then the top coat & they are chipping within hrs of applying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had this happen with Julep for a long time (I remember it happened right at the very beginning for me, last Feb/March). What colours were chipping on you and what base/top do you use?

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)